Conor is always 1 win away from a title shot

ShowYouRoll

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By default, Conor is always 1 win away from a title shot

If he beats Dustin, which thankfully we all know he wont, he will get an immediate title shot

Why is Conor always 1 win away?

You could say Iron Mike Chandler was 1 win away, but who else deserved a title shot? Dustin chose the money fight and easy win, plus I am not sure he was any part of Oliveira or Chandler.
He did the smart thing, take a big pay day and another easy win, then hopefully he fights for the title, and if he looses he can retire with enough money from the Conor fights

If he beats Dustin, he deserves it.
I doubt it and I think he's 2 fights away from retirement(for real this time).

e8105aea8c13176014c6fc55bac2e7c5.jpg

And 1 loss away from "retirement".

If he beats Dustin, he deserves it.
I doubt it and I think he's 2 fights away from retirement(for real this time).
How? Has he beat Justin? Chandler? Hooker? RDA? Tony?

He is ranked 6 yet he ain't beaten anyone at LW since Eddie, and who else has he beaten at LW? Nobody, so why is he ranked 6?

Maybe he should fight a top 5, or even top 10. But he wont, cause we know he cant bet at top 10 LW, even top 15 I doubt he could.

Please explain how beating Dustin in a rematch where he lost the last one, deserves a title shot

Always? Name the occasions where Conor has gotten a title shot from 1 win. I can think of Diaz, and that's it.

It’s all about the $$$… deserve it or not, putting Conor in a title fight will sell

Always? Name the occasions where Conor has gotten a title shot from 1 win. I can think of Diaz, and that's it.
Oh yeah khabib was 0

But I am sure Conor fans will say he beat Eddie, and was stripped. Stripped for not defending, and then comes back and gets a title fight for loosing in boxing lol

But I am sure Conor fans will say he beat Eddie, and was stripped. Stripped for not defending, and then comes back and gets a title fight for loosing in boxing lol

That's probably what they're gonna say, yes, cuz that's how it was. Unlike you I care about facts and not much for made up narratives.

But sure, why care about facts when you can get to hate a bit on McGregor?

How? Has he beat Justin? Chandler? Hooker? RDA? Tony?

He is ranked 6 yet he ain't beaten anyone at LW since Eddie, and who else has he beaten at LW? Nobody, so why is he ranked 6?

Maybe he should fight a top 5, or even top 10. But he wont, cause we know he cant bet at top 10 LW, even top 15 I doubt he could.

Please explain how beating Dustin in a rematch where he lost the last one, deserves a title shot
That's the thing he SHOULDN'T be fighting the number 1 contender at all after losing to him, according to the rankings. He should be fighting down like either lower top 10 or top 15.

Why I think this:
-Conor hasn't won at LW since 2016.
-Has only beat Cowboy(on a 2 fight losing streak) at WW since 2016 and Dana pretty much said he'd give him a TS for that(I consider this way worse than if Conor beat Dustin and getting a shot).
-On a 2 fight losing streak in the division(Khabib and Dustin).
-Ranked number 6 coming off a KO loss and fighting the number 1 contender.

He's fighting the only guy lined up for a TS right now, which doesn't make sense at all.
Sadly, really no one else is lined up for a TS right now:
- Justin is coming off a loss and doesn't have a fight booked.
- Beneil looked decent, but beating this version of Tony shouldn't get you a TS.
- Islam is ranked too low.

If Conor beat Poirier(doubt he will), he'd be beating the number 1 contender who's only loss is to the champ since 2016.
Like look at Brian Ortega, he lost to Max and came back 2 years later and beats KZ.
Did Brian deserve that fight? Maybe not, but because no one else was fighting in the top 5, KZ took the fight and lost. KZ was also lined up for a TS.
Should he have a TS off that 1 high level win? Probably not, but there's no other clear cut contenders at 145 and the same is for 155 until UFC 264.

If I had it my way Conor should've been fighting either RDA, Islam, or Dariush after UFC 257.

conor thinks like chris weidman. one win away from getting that title shot.

It will be so hilarious when he KO’s Dustin and then clips Charles to be back on top. :D Shercucks will have meltdowns.

Conor's next fight is Muhammad Ali.

To prove Conor is the heavyweight boxing GOAT. Of all time.

Back