How badly did the UFC want Chandler to be the champ?

KID Yamamoto

PREMIUM DYNAMITE
@Black
Reaction score
c992d-16165849854319-800.jpg

If you look at the embedded's and a lot of the promo material I feel like Dana and co really wanted Chandler to be the new golden boy at LW. Dude sells himself and gets wild finishes. Happy Charles won even if I like Mike.

Not as much. They got the Loser Eddie years earlier to pad up canner. Had they got Michael. Canner would have been ktfo 5 yrs ago..
Lmao!
Bellator LW > ufc

From a business perspective..

Who would you like?

Ofcourse chandler is the easier interview (and he's good btw) but say charles was just as well spoken and had yoels' translator.. i think the ufc would go team olives..

Reactions: lsa
If last nights fight between Chanlet and Oliveira wouldve gone to decision, the writing was on the wall for a robbery decision for the American, i mean ... Sal D amato was judging, the most used bribed oficial in the history of mma next to Adelaide Bird.

not as bad as they wanted faber, florian or holm to be..

Not sure having a fighter from another org be the UFC champ is what they wanted, but whatevs...

You guys are just paranoid. I think don’t they gave a fuck who won.
Dana looked pretty happy about it.
Of course Chandler is a more marketable champ, but Charles is the ultimate finisher and he's always going for the kill.
The main reason if I had to guess is that Chandler would've been an easier matchup for the winner of Dustin/Conor 3 on paper.

Dana had the adoption papers prepped and ready. All Chandler had to do was win the fight..

Say a prayer for Orphan Chandler.. :(

Chandler is old and had been KO'd multiple times in the past............ had he become champ it would have been difficult for him to remain champ for long. And the UFC loves champs that can keep hold of the belt for many years.

Dana White priviledge. They wanted him to be the next champ even before Khabib officially retired. Brought him in as a replacement for the Gaethje fight.
Now Dana is crying about the lost opportunity to have his american Khabib.

Im just glad Charles finished him, because god knows what these judges wouldve done.

And just to be clear: Dana wanted Chandler as the chanp cause he is the easier and better selling matchup for his first borne Conor.

Not as much. They got the Loser Eddie years earlier to pad up canner. Had they got Michael. Canner would have been ktfo 5 yrs ago..
Lmao!
Bellator LW > ufc
Eddie > Chandler you filthy casual.

They are just bummed they couldn't get the real Pitbull.

Back