Tony vs Dariush

New Yorkido

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mates, to those who question "How would Tony vs Khabib go had they fought" I say this: it would go in a similar fashion to the Tony vs Dariush fight where Dariush controlled the entire fight on the ground (Khabib: top control), except Khabib would pounce Tony's pumpkin to smithereens. Interestingly enough, Tony couldn't offer nothing in "Dirty Boxing" department when all three rounds began standing up. His corner kept telling him "keep it standing, circle away" but he did attempt none of it. I get it, there is nothing one can do against aging, but still IMHO Tony was able to do much better to fix those small errors. Discuss.

Mates, to those who question "How would Tony vs Khabib go had they fought" I say this: it would go in a similar fashion to the Tony vs Dariush fight where Dariush controlled the entire fight on the ground (Khabib: top control), except Khabib would pounce Tony's pumpkin to smithereens. Interestingly enough, Tony couldn't offer nothing in "Dirty Boxing" department when all three rounds began standing up. His corner kept telling him "keep it standing up, circle away" but he did attempt none of it. I get it, there is nothing one can do against aging, but still IMHO Tony was able to do much better to fix those small errors. Discuss.

People will shit on Tony now but who knows how that fight would've gone? Khabib's dad respected Tony's ground game enough to a point he literally said he don't want Khabib inside Tony's guard.

Not everyone can be great for so long. Tony's 37. Khabib quit at 32. It's easy to shit on fighters after their glory days and they have never been good when they lose.

Typical.

Just downloaded and watched the match.... Khabib vs Tony would have been a sad fight.

Yeah yeah is normal that people will shit on Tony now. But that guy was once atleast the second best fighter in a super stacked division for a long time. People forget so easy its crazy.

People will shit on Tony now but who knows how that fight would've gone? Khabib's dad respected Tony's ground game enough to a point he literally said he don't want Khabib inside Tony's guard.

Not everyone can be great for so long. Tony's 37. Khabib quit at 32. It's easy to shit on fighters after their glory days and they have never been good when they lose.

Typical.
I say give Tony his 7 years back it would be similar outcome. It's his entire style isn't matched up well against "Top Control" guys.

Typical.

Quitting on top, undefeated and as an all time great is a dream. Fighters only keep going for the money or they dont know what else to do.

I won’t argue with you but I will offer a counter.

good read here, I hope you enjoy it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...the-morning-after-an-old-dog-too-tough-to-die

A
nd I hope you read the entire thing, because this next paragraph will have context.

Ferguson’s reactions are largely gone. He cannot get out of the way of strikes, even when that was very clearly the focus of his last camp. Nor can he really defend takedowns, because his opponent is on his hips by the time Ferguson notices the level change. Do not mistake this version of Ferguson for the man who would have been a real challenge to Khabib in his prime.​

Quitting on top, undefeated and as an all time great is a dream. Fighters only keep going for the money or they dont know what else to do.

He quit before he lost in my book. No respect for me for that.

Sad stuff , now that Tony obviously isn’t the man he used to be people are going to now claim he was never that good .

He quit before he lost in my book. No respect for me for that.
it's like saying "Dude don't walk on a field with land mines for too long you will eventually get blown up". Sure mate, Khabib did stop walking on field filled with land mines. He did walk 29 miles (wins) though. Is he stupid or smart?

it's like saying "Dude don't walk on a field with land mines for too long you will get eventually blown up". Sure mate, Khabib did stop walking on field filled with land mines. Is he stupid or smart?

More like dude doesn't have guts to move through the field that most of his comrades do and fight through it lmfao. Too long at 32 you say. lol

Mates, to those who question "How would Tony vs Khabib go had they fought" I say this: it would go in a similar fashion to the Tony vs Dariush fight where Dariush controlled the entire fight on the ground (Khabib: top control), except Khabib would pounce Tony's pumpkin to smithereens. Interestingly enough, Tony couldn't offer nothing in "Dirty Boxing" department when all three rounds began standing up. His corner kept telling him "keep it standing, circle away" but he did attempt none of it. I get it, there is nothing one can do against aging, but still IMHO Tony was able to do much better to fix those small errors. Discuss.

First time I heard Dariush talk in the post fight. What a good humble person he is and I would never wish anything bad against the guy. Good hearted person.

This version of Tony has no confidence to take chances and is a step slow. Not even worth comparing him to how good he was in his prime.

His reaction time surely has slowed with age. That will also impact his grappling. It’s not like you can be on top of the grappling world forever. Aging sucks. That would’ve been an amazing fight had it taken place in primes. Fans were robbed.

More like dude doesn't have guts to move through the field that most of his comrades do and fight through it lmfao. Too long at 32 you say. lol

Give us your High IQ answer please: How many more fights you'd want Khabib to fight before you bowed to the all-time King of LW division?

Give us your High IQ answer please: How many more fights you'd want Khabib to fight before you bowed to the all-time King of LW division?

Hes mad because khabib retired before he eventilually lost. Hes mad that he cant subject him to the sherdog shenanigans of 'X was never that good' after they lose.

Last edited:
Back