Did the Oliveira fight show...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
That there is a good chance that he loses to a wrestler? Chandler handles him on the ground. RDA, Dariush, Islam, Gillespie would all be tough fights for him I think. I think the Tony fight gave the illusion that his ground game might not be as stellar as we think and that Tony can just be controlled by a decent grappler.

That there is a good chance that he loses to a wrestler? Chandler handles him on the ground. RDA, Dariush, Islam, Gillespie would all be tough fights for him I think. I think the Tony fight gave the illusion that his ground game might not be as stellar as we think and that Tony can just be controlled by a decent grappler.

Never mind and sorry for feeding the troll.

I don't think he wins his next fight.
I'm happy he had his moment though.

Never mind and sorry for feeding the troll.
Charles would ko Gilespie on the feet

Chandler was so close to be submitted

wtf, he just started the fight by taking Chandler down and almost submit him, where did you see him getting dominated on the ground? I saw him having problems with the pressure and heavy hands of Chandler and going for a panick takedown that almost ended with a stoppage. I think Conor and Dustin give him the biggest problems, maybe Gaethje too.

The thing I found most worrying for Charles was how easily Chandler escaped from that body triangle. Just exploded in one athletic movement.

Rda? lol.....Poirier, Justin and Islam would beat him. Islam would beat any lightweight to be honest.

wtf, he just started the fight by taking Chandler down and almost submit him, where did you see him getting dominated on the ground? I saw him having problems with the pressure and heavy hands of Chandler and going for a panick takedown that almost ended with a stoppage. I think Conor and Dustin give him the biggest problems, maybe Gaethje too.
I don't really think Oliveira took down Chandler. It looked more like Chandler jumped guillotine but tbh my stream lagged right when they went to the ground. Maybe it was a little of both.

I don't really think Oliveira took down Chandler. It looked more like Chandler jumped guillotine but tbh my stream lagged right when they went to the ground. Maybe it was a little of both.
the takedown was done when Chandler went for the guillotine

who the hell jumps for a guillotine like that? It's usually a technique you do when you are already being taken down

just went to see it again, it was actually a very technical takedown, Chandler tried to defend and just went for the Guilotine when there was no chance

This fight showed Oliveira does extremely well against wrestlers.

Oliveira caused Chandler to gas at the end of first round, which lead to the finish in the second.

Oliveira- successful takedown at 1 min mark, perfectly defends guillotine attempt, gets body triangle for almost 2 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back