Would you have any objections if the fight got stopped in the first round?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
At one point towards the end of the round, Charles was on all his fours while Chandler was teeing off on his head. Charles did a good job of moving his head but it looked like alot of those shots connected.

Im obviously super happy it didn't get stopped there, but i don't know if i would complain if the ref stepped in. Especially in this day and age where im used to quick stoppages.

The refs did an excellent job last night in every fight.

I thought it was going to be stopped so I guess I wouldn’t.

Never once was there a time it could have or should have been stopped.

If Chandler did something which deserved a stoppage, I would want a stoppage. But he didn’t.

But I think most of us figured Chandler had the upper hand. Survived Oliveira for minutes on his back? Escaped and had him hurt? It was only a matter of time. The end was inevitable. How wrong we were. It was beautiful.

Charles very wisely pulled guard , showed intelligent defense capabilities so ref could let it go on. Chandler did not land any bombs. Zhang in contrast could not get out quick enough and Ref felt should jump in, despite being super light women with not so hard hammer slaps.

Yes, it would have been a total injustice, considering the losing fighter would have been stopped before showing an inability to intelligently defend themself and did not go unconscious.

When I saw Dan Miragliotta was frisking Tony the fight before and would thus be overseeing the title fight I knew it was good news for Oliveira since Big Dan allows fights to go longer.

He is good at distinguishing between when a fighter no longer has shown the ability to defend themself and when they are grounded and eating shots but clearly transitioning to a position that will allow them intelligently defend themself.

At one point towards the end of the round, Charles was on all his fours while Chandler was teeing off on his head. Charles did a good job of moving his head but it looked like alot of those shots connected.

Im obviously super happy it didn't get stopped there, but i don't know if i would complain if the ref stepped in. Especially in this day and age where im used to quick stoppages.

The refs did an excellent job last night in every fight.

I find the chandler hype job vomit inducing so I am pretty happy that Chandler got KOed

I thought it was going to be stopped so I guess I wouldn’t.
It was almost identical to where they finished the Hooker fight. The only different being Hooker fell right down where Oliveira got wobbled and fell.

EmbellishedEmptyChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

It was almost identical to where they finished the Hooker fight. The only different being Hooker fell right down where Oliveira got wobbled and fell.

Ya. I’ve seen your posts. And it makes so much sense that you think those are almost identical.

I think it needed to stay at that spot for another five seconds before it might have been justified.

Yes cause he turned into guard to defend himself, had he not, he would not be defending himself and it would've got stopped.

He was aware and defending himself

Nah, Hooker ate like 5 shots at the end without moving. Charles was constantly moving his head and evading, then pulled guard.

Would have been a terrible stoppage.

Fully.

At no point Charles was not defending or close to being finished. He took a couple of hard shots, was being bombed in a very bad situation but well aware all the time.

When the bell rings he gets up pretty ok, not like someone who is exhausted or hurt.

LOOOOL that was NEVER even close to being stopped in the first. He was never 'hurt' like Chandler was. Chandler got whacked and started dancing. Charles got whacked and got a take down. When Charles was on his knee's that strikes werent doing anything. Not even close. LOL

It's not identical at all. It starts out the same sure, but Hooker stays in the same position eating shots while Charles goes into guard and defends himself.

Yeah, exactly. I thought for sure he was going to get pulled off him.

Back