Getting tired of the betting commercials

mwh1983

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the UFC since the first one in 1993. I still watch on ESPN+ plus but all of these repeated betting commercials will never convince me to risk $1000s on any fight.

I've been a fan of the UFC since the first one in 1993. I still watch on ESPN+ plus but all of these repeated betting commercials will never convince me to risk $1000s on any fight.
Lot of people bet on sport so while it won't work on you (Kudos for that), many naive people in search for a easy money scheme will fall for it thus them keep buying commercial spot

Who is saying bet $1000s?

I missed that..

Every so often I bet $60 on a treble or a yankee.
The key is don’t bet what you can’t afford to lose. Not everyone is a control freak or at risk of spiraling into depravity and selling everything they own having made one stupid bet. So whilst I can appreciate some people can’t touch betting like it’s a hot stove, many of us adults can make informed decisions and make a small bet in order to enhance the excitement of the fights.

For instance, I bet on Lutz, Burgos and Chandler last night. Lutz came in, if he hadn’t I wouldn’t have stayed up until 4am but I’m glad I did because the Burgos fight was incredible regardless of the outcome I felt I had got my money’s worth.

I guess some people just cannot lose without it hurting them somehow, possibly a pride thing. I’m fairly well adjusted so once I’ve made my bet I kiss goodbye to the money and if something comes back then that’s a bonus. It’s called maturity.

Back