Does Charles Oliveira hold the record for.....

KOByFootStomp

Corndog Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The longest tenure in the UFC before capturing a belt? He had his first fight in the UFC almost 11 years ago. The only one that I could think of that was close was Bisping but he got the belt about 10 years after debuting. Has there ever been anyone that won a belt in a longer time span after their first fight in the UFC than Oliveira?

Robbie's first UFC fight was in 02 and he won the belt in 2014. But he obviously wasn't in the UFC the whole time

The longest tenure in the UFC before capturing a belt? He had his first fight in the UFC almost 11 years ago. The only one that I could think of that was close was Bisping but he got the belt about 10 years after debuting. Has there ever been anyone that won a belt in a longer time span after their first fight in the UFC than Oliveira?

Yep! Surpassed Bisping for a couple of months

Robbie's first UFC fight was in 02 and he won the belt in 2014. But he obviously wasn't in the UFC the whole time
I forgot about Lawler, he started in the UFC pretty young, but fought in a few different orgs before coming back and winning a belt. That's might the longest, but olives may be the longest for someone who had all their fights in the UFC from debut to title.

Interesting fact. He’s been around a long time.

I looked back through his record out of curiosity. He must also go close to holding the UFC record for most catchweight bouts where he missed weight?

I think I heard somebody say that he has had the most fights in the UFC before getting a title shot, nothing but RESPECT to Charlie Olives

I forgot about Lawler, he started in the UFC pretty young, but fought in a few different orgs before coming back and winning a belt. That's might the longest, but olives may be the longest for someone who had all their fights in the UFC from debut to title.
Did you just really call him "Olives?"

Yes, they literally said it several times. 28 UFC fights or some shit.

Clay Guida coming for gold, baybay.

giphy.gif

Would read again.

It took 28 fights in the UFC for Oliveria to get a title

Admire that man's will

That's one helluva grind

He holds the record for best momentary loss of cool having won the title.

I really enjoyed it. Do Bronx is a good guy. Very worthy champion.

I think it will be CM Punk

You have seen nothing yet, he will be a triple weight champ

Someone told Charles he should be a featherweight. That made his career so much harder early on. Failed weight a few times, gassed in many fights.
Great decision to move up. Great improvement in his striking, hes a very dangerous guy now. And hes such a humble guy
All well deserved.

Back