Once upon a time…

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
I used to be the account know as TheNaturalBornRunner…

It was a fond memory. It was in the midst of the pinnacle of Conor’s prominence. I would post on here morning, noon and night. Dare I blow my own trumpet and say that I became a tad Sherdog famous, I was the “Eddie Alvarez guy”, and it was a hilarious moment in time, in retrospect.

That said… a few years back I made a comment/post, regarding the true measuring stick of MMA resumes. My entire point was centred around the point that ANYONE can get a fast-tracked title shot and win a second title. Ferguson, Khabib, any fighter half worth their mustard can come up trumps if they are gifted shots, a la Conor vs Alvarez.

I made the point that if Conor had to do the Felder special and fight a bunch of different “mid-level” guys, who knows how he’d get on. I said he may lose to Islam, he may lose to Do Bronx… sheiiittttt, he could lose to Poirier or Holloway in a rematch!

Well… what do we say now? You reckon Conor would have went baseball grip and turn into full-guard!? Nah! He would have been subbed in 1. Dariush might have got him. Islam would smash him. The list goes on, and on, and on…

Imagine being so much of a casual that you look back at 2019 and remember that you said Conor would be the GOAT.

Ha…

Hate me, love me, try me intellectually with your TLDR posts. I don’t care! There’s a hardcore English fan, celebrating a Do Bronx title tonight.

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

Considering you chose the name VenomCarnage 2+ years before Venom took over for Reebok, I give you props.

NaturalBornRunner? Did you start that profile up after Condit vs Nick?

Also, RIP Frankie NYC. He is missed greatly around here with his all around MMA background knowledge.

Considering you chose the name VenomCarnage 2+ years before Venom took over for Reebok, I give you props.

NaturalBornRunner? Did you start that profile up after Condit vs Nick?

Also, RIP Frankie NYC. He is missed greatly around here with his all around MMA background knowledge.
R.I.P. Frankie, never met him, but who cares, I refuse to let his legacy die out. Across an ocean, but love the same sport. Amen to that brother, rest in paradise.

The whole Venom thing, it’s actually me being a comic-book nerd, Venom and Carnage and two of the most iconic Spider-Man villains of all-time. Feel a tad cringe now hahaha.

The whole TNBR thing was just banter. Nick is my favourite fighter of all time. It was just a name to rile people up ;)

R.I.P. Frankie, never met him, but who cares, I refuse to let his legacy die out. Across an ocean, but love the same sport. Amen to that brother, rest in paradise.

The whole Venom thing, it’s actually me being a comic-book nerd, Venom and Carnage and two of the most iconic Spider-Man villains of all-time. Feel a tad cringe now hahaha.

The whole TNBR thing was just banter. Nick is my favourite fighter of all time. It was just a name to rile people up ;)

Cheers on all fronts, homie.

I was always of that opinion as well. I think even the Conor of 2016 would struggle with multiple lightweights.

@HHJ coming through with the Likes, now we feeling like 2018!

Random question, but what was your feeling towards Cunningham vs Mir?

Reactions: HHJ
Imagine admitting to being so shook that Diaz walked forward into a 4-1, paint by numbers loss to a guy with tactics and offensive diversity that you either got banned or forgot your login over a decade later.

Holy shit, that's fucking hilarious.

@HHJ coming through with the Likes, now we feeling like 2018!

Random question, but what was your feeling towards Cunningham vs Mir?
I dont like boxers trying to pick up wins vs mma fighters who should be retired yrs ago already.

Imagine admitting to being so shook that Diaz walked forward into a 4-1, paint by numbers loss to a guy with tactics and offensive diversity that you either got banned or forgot your login over a decade later.

Holy shit, that's fucking hilarious.
Ah Mr. Subby Abusy… as aforementioned, I’m a diehard Nick fan, it was all a bit of fun!

I dont like boxers trying to pick up wins vs mma fighters who should be retired yrs ago already.
It was pathetic in my opinion. I will say that I couldn’t believe that Cunningham couldn’t deflate the BALLOOOOOONNNNN.

Reactions: HHJ
I remember those threads, you had big nuts sticking up for Eddie in a sea of Conor huggers. Hespecht.

Back