Oliveira's striking is the most underrated thing in the UFC

I do t see how he generates all that power, but he's been showing a lot of it lately. He's long too, throws a lot of straights, kicks and knees.

He's a problematic striker now...

Because his defense is awful, Oliveira is all offense, he showed it again tonight. Chandler is just wildly inconsistent. Don't get me wrong Charles is a beast and the legit Champion, I just think the narrative forming around him is misled.

I do t see how he generates all that power, but he's been showing a lot of it lately. He's long too and throws a lot of straights too. He's a problematic striker now...
That was a picture perfect left hook. You don't need to wind up punches that much to generate power when you have great technique and timing.

I’m very surprised olives striking is pretty damn good but it is! Nice!

Not if u listen to the Franklin u.
Thank u for all u suckers to bet Chandler down from +160 to +115.

I cashed in ( tried telling you all....again) at do bronx -128.
LOL.

Dan Hooker is overrated.

Again- they shouldve had Chandler fight Beneil( and he loses to dariush).

Do bronx has been " werdumed " for sometime now.Hed be a worthy opponent for khabib.

I didnt expect this ending. His striking has been improving, specially in offense. Combos, both hands and knees, kicks, feints, and the td threat into vicious ground game.
I still miss a bit of striking defense, but Mike has fast hands as well.
what a comeback Charles, congratulations.

Even in one of his early fights in the UFC- I think it was the Escudero bout, I remember thinking, wow for a pure bjj guy, he's got some pretty sharp kicks and decent standup. But I figured it was like (granted this was a year later but just to make the point) when Maia fought Munoz and he was throwing hands and seemed to have improved in that dimension. That is, I figured, it was looking improved but he was going to stick to his wheelhouse. Instead, he's grown leaps and bounds.

He is really one of the more well-rounded guys in the UFC. His striking is great. His submission skills are excellent. His wrestling and top control have improved. I guess the durability is still a potential issue, but the heart and resilience certainly is not.

Even in one of his early fights in the UFC- I think it was the Escudero bout, I remember thinking, wow for a pure bjj guy, he's got some pretty sharp kicks and decent standup. But I figured it was like (granted this was a year later but just to make the point) when Maia fought Munoz and he was throwing hands and seemed to have improved in that dimension. That is, I figured, it was looking improved but he was going to stick to his wheelhouse. Instead, he's grown leaps and bounds.

He is really one of the more well-rounded guys in the UFC. His striking is great. His submission skills are excellent. His wrestling and top control have improved. I guess the durability is still a potential issue, but the heart and resilience certainly is not.
Speaking of Maia vs Munoz, am I tripping or did he actually hurt Munoz with a left hand?

I'm glad he won tonight, by KO at that, he deserves everything he gets for improving throughout his journey in the UFC...time to get paid! A little more work on defense to avoid getting hit some, but I hope he keeps that belt for a while, he is an exciting fighter to watch, and humble as fuck.

Speaking of Maia vs Munoz, am I tripping or did he actually hurt Munoz with a left hand?

Sent him into chicken dance territory with a shot to the temple (behind the ear?) from what I remember.

Munoz narrowly won the fight but Maia arguably could have taken it in my view.

Sent him into chicken dance territory with a shot to the temple (behind the ear?) from what I remember.

Munoz narrowly won the fight but Maia arguably could have taken it in my view.
I remembered scoring it for Maia, but I also score things a little leniently for him. I remember scoring the Shields fight for him, Rory a draw, etc. I have a soft spot.

I remembered scoring it for Maia, but I also score things a little leniently for him. I remember scoring the Shields fight for him, Rory a draw, etc. I have a soft spot.

He's one of those guys who is extremely difficult to root again, imo. I feel the same way about Glover. Just nice guys who happen to fight people for a living.

The difference is that Maia is a nice guy who subscribed to that "I will use my submission skills because I don't want to hurt someone" mentality. While Glover is a nice guy who will absolutely savage you with gnp in the cage and then go back to being a nice guy when the fight ends.

Back