How far can Barboza go at 145?

XDeathClutchX

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Barboza could beat most of the 145 division on the feet, the worst matchup for him is Max if he got a title shot it is a hard match for Volk IMO.

Thoughts?

Him vs Evil Yair would be nothing but spinning ninja shit. A fight with Zabit would be cool also. I think he can even give Max a good fight if his cardio holds up. Volk beats him up against the cage like he did Aldo. Ortega eventually taps him. KZ vs Barbosa would be a great fight if ut hasnt happened, i cant recall.

If he avoids Holloway he has a chance, that's a nightmare match up.

I give him a shot against anyone in featherweight.

Obviously he would be a big underdog vs some.. but it's not impossible on any given night.

It's not like at lightweight when guys like Khabib beat him 10/10 times.

He can basically beat anybody, but he's susceptible to gassing in a 5 rounder. His worst matchups are probably Max and Volk because of their skill level, IQ and cardio.

Oh, and Bryce Mitchell is a terrible matchup as well. That kid can wrestle all day.

Annoying he got robbed against Ige, he would probably be in title contention now if he got that win

He's a solid #6-#10 at FW. Max, Zabit, KZ, Kattar, and Ortega likely beat him.

I never felt good about him cutting to 145. Is he naturally a light guy? I know guys like Pettis and Bektic regularly weigh at least 178+ lbs "off season" but he had to have felt weak at LW to move to FW.

Barboza looked very good last night against a guy that is criminally underrated. He showed the kicks are still on point, but he also flashed the hands like never before, his cardio held up amazingly well, and his chin seemed better than ever. I'm really hoping he can string together a few more W's and get a crack at Volk. Not saying he'll win, but he presents a different challenge than anyone else at FW, just because of his strengths and style.

In the meantime I wanna see him in there with Yair... if Yair ever decides to return to fighting.

About as far as he went at LW. Close to top 5 without ever getting that big win that puts him in the talks of a title shot.

His chin seems to be holding up a lot better at 145 than at 155 which seemingly was his problem in a lot of his losses. His fight vs Ige could have gone either way which looks even better now the way Ige has been fighting. I'd give him a shot against anyone at 145 with his kicks and the solid boxing he showed against Burgos.

He will get some good wins but won’t ever sniff a title shot unless it’s a Chandler type of gift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back