my favor to Sherdog (bet it all on Charles)

Dionysian

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Unfortunately I was just involved in a move as expensive as it gets. Roughly 20K. By the way... don't ever use "ISLAND MOVERS" at Hawaii. A complete and utter shit/ripoff company.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. Just blew 20K so I'm light on money now. If I had any, I'd certainly put a 1K bet on Charles. Due to my current financial handicap, I have instead chosen to try and do you a favor to convince you to make the free money on Charles. Charles is now at -134... that is INSANE. Here is why:

1) The PR gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
You saw it bumping Conor's odds when he boxed Floyd despite that being a joke. You saw it bumping Anderson's odds against Weidman despite Weidman having an obvious style advantage to anyone who knew what they were watching. Now you're seeing it to a guy who has had 1 UFC fight and his history of setbacks being erased for this bullshit narrative. You'd think Will Brooks never existed thanks to the Dana White privilege at work here.

2) The knowledge gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
Chandler KOd his last opponent, therefore he's Rumble with punching power. Chandler is a wrestler on paper, therefore his TDD is perfect. Again... you'd think Will Brooks never existed. Charles can take him down and reign hellfire from on top. The fight analysis being applied to this match-up is frankly LAZY. Lazy ass breakdowns like that being pushed left, right, and center to the viewing populace at large = even better odds for Charles.

3) The style gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
If Chandler stays on the outside he gets hit with Oliveira's rangy shots. If he goes inside he gets out-worked in the clinch. If he goes for a TD he gets subbed, swept, or out-scrambled. Other than UFC marketing quoting Chandler that his style is "anti-BJJ" (it isn't) or UFC marketing acting like every shot he throws flattens opponents (it doesn't) there is no logical reason to think he has ANY advantage.

In short, this is tailor-made easy money for betting on Charles. Better technique, more avenues to victory, being undersold by the company, and perfectly set up to finish Chandler within 3 rounds. You're welcome for the free money guys.

Don't pay the movers and put that 20k on Charles. Tank me later
Move is done bra / money already spent / just rebuilding the finances now. If I had the extra money laying around, it would for sure be going to Charles. Amazing to me the fight odds are almost even. If should be 5 to 1 fight odds.

Move is done bra / money already spent / just rebuilding the finances now. If I had the extra money laying around, it would for sure be going to Charles. Amazing to me the fight odds are almost even. If should be 5 to 1 fight odds.
Chandler highlight recency bias. I'm expecting quick work by do Bronx, but Chandler got that puncher's chance for sure early

It's officially jinxed now you've fucked it
I've only made two other bet threads in my post history. Weidman-Anderson I to be a finish for Chris within 3 rounds + Conor-Khabib where I posted my 800$ bet slip for Khabib.

So far, so good. So no worries... free non-jinxed money.

TS acting like Paul Felder and Jim Miller never existed

Unfortunately I was just involved in a move as expensive as it gets. Roughly 20K. By the way... don't ever use "ISLAND MOVERS" at Hawaii. A complete and utter shit/ripoff company.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. Just blew 20K so I'm light on money now. If I had any, I'd certainly put a 1K bet on Charles. Due to my current financial handicap, I have instead chosen to try and do you a favor to convince you to make the free money on Charles. Charles is now at -134... that is INSANE. Here is why:

1) The PR gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
You saw it bumping Conor's odds when he boxed Floyd despite that being a joke. You saw it bumping Anderson's odds against Weidman despite Weidman having an obvious style advantage to anyone who knew what they were watching. Now you're seeing it to a guy who has had 1 UFC fight and his history of setbacks being erased for this bullshit narrative. You'd think Will Brooks never existed thanks to the Dana White privilege at work here.

2) The knowledge gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
Chandler KOd his last opponent, therefore he's Rumble with punching power. Chandler is a wrestler on paper, therefore his TDD is perfect. Again... you'd think Will Brooks never existed. Charles can take him down and reign hellfire from on top. The fight analysis being applied to this match-up is frankly LAZY. Lazy ass breakdowns like that being pushed left, right, and center to the viewing populace at large = even better odds for Charles.

3) The style gap is in full swing helping you to bet on Charles
If Chandler stays on the outside he gets hit with Oliveira's rangy shots. If he goes inside he gets out-worked in the clinch. If he goes for a TD he gets subbed, swept, or out-scrambled. Other than UFC marketing quoting Chandler that his style is "anti-BJJ" (it isn't) or UFC marketing acting like every shot he throws flattens opponents (it doesn't) there is no logical reason to think he has ANY advantage.

In short, this is tailor-made easy money for betting on Charles. Better technique, more avenues to victory, being undersold by the company, and perfectly set up to finish Chandler within 3 rounds. You're welcome for the free money guys.

Oliveira at -134 is pretty shit value.

TS acting like Paul Felder and Jim Miller never existed
Those fights have nothing to do with this match-up is why. Chandler getting out-hustled in the clinch though...
$20,000 on a move?! WTF
The Pacific Ocean imposes such heavy costs man. Even more "bigly" than the ocean between Florida/Puerto Rico I hear.
Oliveira at -134 is pretty shit value.
"Shit value"?!? It is almost even odds and one guy should be heavily favored. There's a huge gap between public perception and reality... perfect time to make money.

Those fights have nothing to do with this match-up is why. Chandler getting out-hustled in the clinch though...

The Pacific Ocean imposes such heavy costs man. Even more "bigly" than the ocean between Florida/Puerto Rico I hear.
Chandler is breaking Oliveira within two rounds. His pressure will be too much and Oliveira will crumble.

It's not "lazy" to believe Charles can fold, he has a history of it and hasn't faced enough adversity in his current streak to prove he's overcome these short comings. Chandler is not like anyone on Charles' current streak, the closest being Kevin Lee, but that's an insult to Chandler. He will put Charles in bad spots with his power and Charles will have to prove he's forged the metal to persevere in those positions.

Don't be fooled by Charles' improved offense, his defense is still lacking and Chandler has lights out power. Don't be surprised to see Charles eat clean shots to the head in exchanges. I'm not saying Charles can't win and that this fight isn't close to 50/50, but you're asking people to throw money at this like its Nunes x Cyborg or something.

It's not "lazy" to believe Charles can fold, he has a history of it and hasn't faced enough adversity in his current streak to prove he's overcome these short comings. Chandler is not like anyone on Charles' current streak, the closest being Kevin Lee, but that's an insult to Chandler. He will put Charles in bad spots with his power and Charles will have to prove he's forged the metal to persevere in those positions.

Don't be fooled by Charles' improved offense, his defense is still lacking and Chandler has lights out power. Don't be surprised to see Charles eat clean shots to the head in exchanges. I'm not saying Charles can't win and that this fight isn't close to 50/50, but you asking people to throw money at this like its Nunes x Cyborg or something.
I mean i mainly agree with your take, but how in the hell is comparing FKL and Chandler stylistically an isult to Chandler. FKL despite his recently rough fights, is still a solid fighter and its not like Chandler has never lost a fight. And before people jump me, im not saying that current Chandler is on the same level as current FKL, because he clearly posses some skills FKL doesnt. I just dont see the insult tho. Chandler is a decent fighter but people on here act like hes the next Khabib.

I agree. Charles has way more ways to win. And late in the fight, not just the early burst.

Don't be fooled by Charles' improved offense, his defense is still lacking and Chandler has lights out power. Don't be surprised to see Charles eat clean shots to the head in exchanges. I'm not saying Charles can't win and that this fight isn't close to 50/50, but you asking people to throw money at this like its Nunes x Cyborg or something.
This. Great post. I'm a Oliveira fan but nothing says on his current streak he just get favorable match ups and hasn't really evolved and fixed his holes like the narrative that's being pushed is. And honestly I had Kevin Lee up 2 rounds on Oliveria then he gassed hard. And imo that wasn't Lee beating his ass and Oliveria having to survive adversity and dig deep but more so Lee just controlling Oliveira.

I'm of the mindset that Chandler's pressure and power will revert Oliveira back to this old ways of mentally shutting down and crumbling.

And honestly I want Chandler to call out Tony while Dustin and McGregor try and squeeze money out of the fans.

Back