Stipe has only fought 1 fighter in the current top 15 rankings

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And that's Ngannou. Should he have to fight someone else before getting a rematch?

And that's Ngannou. Should he have to fight someone else before getting a rematch?
It's the UFC, of course he doesn't have to. In UFC you don't need to yearn your shots.

Yeah, I think he should.

I know he’s about as deserving as any former champion of an immediate rematch, especially having a win over the guy who beat him, but he was horribly inactive and held up the division. So yeah, I think he should have to grab a win first.

Thats actually interesting. Allthough given how insanely inactive he have been the last years. And fought the same guy three times, it probably shouldnt have been so surprising.

Yes he absolutely have to fight again. Im tired of people just sitting out and then being rewarded for it.

Yeah all the rest have all retired.

But he does have a win over the current champ.

Stipe and his fans are so fucking entitled. He has fought 2 guys in the last 5 years. Before that it was all legends past their prime. And yet he needs to fight for the belt indefinitely even though he only fights once a year. He won't take any other fight... and he will get what he wants in the end like the Cormier rematch

Stipe...needs to fight for the belt indefinitely even though he only fights once a year.
He only fought once a year twice. One of those times he had surgery (eye). The other time he wasn’t champ.

Outside those two years he averaged a fight every 6 months.

Including those 2 years in the average, every 7 months.

Most active HW champ since Sylvia. One of the most active UFC champs in the last decade, across all divisions.

I’m not even a big fan. But I do prefer milk in my coffee, back in my baby, and facts in my opinions. Try it some time.

Last edited:
He should face Blaydes. Its a winnable fight against a high ranked guy. Really no danger in getting kod.

Why is it even in question? He should need 2-3 solid wins before getting another shot. Fuckin stupid to even consider him getting ANOTHER immediate rematch/title shot.

NINTCHDBPICT000644084508-e1616905595967.jpg

Arlovski was ranked #2 when Stipe beat him
Werdum was the champion when Stipe beat him (#1)
Overeem was ranked #3 when Stipe beat him
JDS was ranked #4
Ngannou was #1 ranked in the first fight
Stipe beat Cormier when DC was the champion (#1)
Then Stipe beat him again when DC was the #1 contender

So his last 7 wins were all top 5 opponents, 2 of which were undisputed champions

JDS was ranked #4

So his last 7 wins were all top 5 opponents, 2 of which were undisputed champions
Umm...that’s kind of sad that most everybody he beat were guys who were fighting back in 2004....

Stipe “Geriatric Killa” Miocic....
<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

@mjfan23 get in here brotha

JDS was ranked #4

You're bringing up fights from over 5 years ago. He's fought no one in the current top 15 apart from Ngannou who just dominated him.

Back