How Long Has Anderson...

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Known English...it still amazes me how well he speaks it. I can't help to think about the Chael Anderson build up and Chael called Anderson out and said he speaks perfect English. At the time Anderson had a translator all the time and never spoke English. I know this is random but I feel like there was truth to what Chael said. You listen to guys like GSP whose first language was French but was bilingual his whole life pretty much but still can struggle with English sometimes. Listening to Anderson he has no hesitation what so ever. Even when people use phrases or sarcasm which takes a lot of understanding of the English language he immediately understands. It's just odd that Anderson (IMO) knew English a lot longer than he played it out. You usually see a progression when non-English speaking fighters start learning English but Anderson went from "no-speaky-English" to a pro.

Smart, saves him the energy of having to deal with Jackasses like Ariel Helwani trying to stir up bullshit.

I think he was trying to save his fans in Brazil from having to hear his responses get translated back to Portuguese.

Back