It's so painfully obvious how bad the UFC wants Chandler to be champion

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just look at all the UFC video clips/promos they're cutting about him. Compare those to the ones they're cutting for Olives. I can't wait for Oliveira to "upset" this guy.

That being said, I like Chandler a lot. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I don't fault him one bit for taking advantage of anything he can in this fight game. But the last thing the UFC wants is a guy like Oliveira who doesn't speak english well, isn't very marketable in the US, winning the vacant title. But the fact is, he's probably going to win because he's legit. The cream will always rise to the top. Let's go Olives.

Fuck the status quo and all whom support it.

Just look at all the UFC video clips/promos they're cutting about him. Compare those to the ones they're cutting for Olives. I can't wait for Oliveira to "upset" this guy.

That being said, I like Chandler a lot. He's got a good head on his shoulders. I don't fault him one bit for taking advantage of anything he can in this fight game. But the last thing the UFC wants is a guy like Oliveira who doesn't speak english well, isn't very marketable in the US, winning the vacant title. But the fact is, he's probably going to win because he's legit. The cream will always rise to the top. Let's go Olives.
Oliveira is the slight betting favorite at the moment, so it won't exactly be an "upset" if he wins.

But I agree the UFC is definitely pushing Chandler, for obvious reasons. From a business perspective the UFC would of course prefer having a well spoken American guy as champ vs a Brazilian who doesn't speak any English. Can't blame them at all for promoting Chandler heavily in this one.

They probably wanted Khabib, Dustin, or Conor to be champ but shit happens. Who has the biggest name and most value.

hes a lot easier to promote tbh he always goes out of his way to do appearances and let his voice be heard as opposed to oliviera

So now it's Chandler and not Conor that the UFC wants holding the belt? lol

Chandler has never been and will never be a big PPV draw in this game.

That said, I think he beats Chuck Olives tomorrow in a nail biter.

They wanted Izzy to beat Jan. And how did that work out for them?

The one thing I don’t get is as a top contender or even champion is why you wouldn’t learn English? It makes all the sense in the world marketing wise. It ups your earning potential hugely. Personally, I don’t care if a fighter speaks English. It’s their career and if they want to flush money down the toilet, so be it. But as a manager I would do everything possible to get my foreign language fighter to learn English. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Just so you can be understood by English speakers.

Chandler is a white conservative who adopted a black child.
Who also happens to be a nice guy.
Of course they want him to win.

You guys talk like the UFC hasn't been trying to push Oliveira for over a decade now.

He debuted into the UFC with a ton of hype. Then got a high profile match against a popular TUF winner. At age 20 and 2-0 in the UFC, he got a match against 7-1 top ranked Jim Miller. That was supposed to catapult him to a title fight but he lost.

They continued to give him high profile fights and when Cerrone finished him he dropped to FW. With a 4-3 record and missing weight the previous fight, he got a fight against a former champ, Frankie Edgar, fresh off a competitive title fight with Jose Aldo. Once again, a win would've catapulted him to a title shot but he lost.

He went on to continue to get high profile fights but missed weight 3 more times.

The UFC has been trying to push Oliveira for the longest time now and finally have been able to match him up with the right fighters to get him on a nice streak and sell to you sheep.

Well yeah, Oliveira can't even speak english and has zero personality outside the cage. Chandler can talk and looks like an action hero from a movie. Obviously they want Chandler to win. Is that a reason to root for Oliveira or think he deserves to win more? I think that's childish bordering on autistic, but it is a constant trend here for the hipster fighter to be cult'd on.

Chandler is a white conservative who adopted a black child.
Who also happens to be a nice guy.
Of course they want him to win.

LMAO see you at the top. Sounds like buzz' to infinity and beyond now

LMAO see you at the top. Sounds like buzz' to infinity and beyond now
He seems like a legit good guy. I also feel he wouldn't slow down the division and cherry pick fights too much as a champ.

Back