Why do some fans say boxing is just a form of fighting and mma is a real fight...

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yet when they see knees to a downed opponent, and soccer kicks they say " it's too much" or " should not be legal"

Isn't that still just a form of fighting then? Seems very hypocritical of us to do.

Just to clarify because we have some people trying to play dumb. We know one is closer to real fighting than the other. My point was why do those same people bitch about knees to downed or soccer kicks should stay illegal. Makes you look like a hypocrite

Last edited:
Yet when they see knees to a downed opponent, and soccer kicks they say " it's too much" or " should not be legal"

Isn't that still just a form of fighting then?
Because some fans recognize that there’s a difference between rules that limit creativity and rules that protect fighters, and make the sport easier to sanction

So in your logic fighters can use knife or gun too.

The tribal connection people feel to particular sports is weird. Just enjoy both. Or neither. Who cares lol

Reactions: G10
I think it's fair to call both boxing and MMA a fight.

I think it's also sound logic to predict that an MMA fighter would have the advantage in a one-on-one "real" fight. But obviously the MMA fighter will lose in boxing and the boxer will lose in MMA most of the time

Because you touch yourself at night TS

After smashing that bitch you deal with on a daily basis, I have to decided to go that route. Might want to kick that bitch to the curb and do the same. Save you some headaches

My point is that those same people who say that, always bitched about soccer kicks and knees to a downed opponent
most people recognize soccer kicks. knees to down opponent, back of the head strikes, 12-6 elbows, etc. are all "real" fighting techniques, and most understand why they are banned, even if we know it makes it less "real". it's still more "real" than boxing.....

and boxing is a great sport in itself.

Isn't that still just a form of fighting then?
So do you believe boxing is closer to a real fight???? I’ve never seen 2 guys say “hey, before we fight let’s go to the store and buy gigantic gloves and also let’s mutually agree to not use our legs or fall to the ground, okay good now let’s fight.”

Back