Usman vs Colby 1 was legendary, cant wait for the rematch

Such an even matchup. Biggest difference is Usman has more power in his punches than Colby.

I dont understand why some of you dont like that fight, there is nothing wrong with that rematch

Discuss
Because Colby hasn't impressed since. Usman has.

When the fighter who won the first fight goes on a tear and knocking people out while doing so, rematches the fighter who lost and hasn't done anything since, why get excited?

I think Colby is going to take a beating, he isn't active and I wasn't too impressed by the Woodley fight. Especially considering how Burns and Kamaru performed against him.

He should've been fighting and gaining experience, I think Usman has grown much more as a fighter since the first fight.

His career is basically completely hinging on this rematch, because he foolishly backed himself into a corner. If Usman defeats him again, he'll be 33 going on 34 with a guantlet of fresh opponents on his ass who know how to exploit his weaknesses.

4 fights since October 2017 isn't good enough, it's a downright disappointment. he wasted his best years doing silly interviews with schmo.

Last edited:
I would love to see the rematch but at the same time I don’t think Colby deserves it. Before you come at me at me with nEiThER dID mAsViDaL, I agree! I believe they should’ve made Colby vs Leon and winner should’ve gotten Usman. But, as we know, money, not intriguing matchups, runs the ufc business

Yes the fight makes sense. Their first fight was epic and competitive to the end. No one with any logic can debate that. Usman and Colby are without question in a class of their own in that division. My issue is that Colby just remained so inactive. He essentially waited out a title shot. Inactivity is never a good thing for the sport and Colby getting that title fight just isn’t a good message to send to the roster. That’s coming from a big Colby fan.

The result of their first fight is clear yes?
Usman's evolution is clear yes?
Colby not improving as much as Usman is clear yes?

That's it.

How is Colby not improving a clear yes? He’s been so inactive. No one knows. That’s one of the question marks heading into this fight that make it so interesting. It’s impossible to tell if Colby has improved or not.

The result of their first fight is clear yes?
Usman's evolution is clear yes?
Colby not improving as much as Usman is clear yes?

That's it.

First two are fine but how do you know colby isn't improving, exactly?

I'm not saying you're going to end up being wrong btw, but we haven't seen evidence that colby is going to be far behind usman yet. Its not like he's been losing fights or getting beat up since the usman fight. It's still a fascinating fight and a real test of how much usman has improved.

I thought it was a wicked fight also, Colby was looking great until he wasn't haha.

Such an even matchup. Biggest difference is Usman has more power in his punches than Colby.

Even in strikes landed; not in strength/damage through 4 rounds let alone the 5th.

Usman's camps are smart. They'd have adjusted and focused more on working the body and committing more on head shots since they learned that Colby can stun, but not hurt the Champ.

That was 18 months ago, though. Now Usman's standup has vastly improved. He will hurt Colby.

While I'm not a Colby fan, he's obviously given us the most competitive fight with the champ even if Gilbert was the only one to come close to finishing Usman.

I'd like to see Colby improve his standup a bit more. If not, I don't see it being anywhere as even as the first fight which on re-watching wasn't as close as it appeared --> Usman slowly broke Colby down with harder shots (even while eating just as many as he'd given out) until the challenger broke.

Usman takes this however he pleases.

We know Usman has improved his striking a lot since the first fight, the question is Colby.

I don’t understand the hate for this fight either. The “Colby has no chance club”, who would you rather see Usman defend against?

One of the best fights I have ever seen. It’s weird how people treat Usman on this site, they find any a excuse to hate on the man.

He does everything right as a champion. He fights consistently, doesn’t play politics, has started knocking people out, but yet a large percentage on this site still don’t like or respect him .

Last edited:
First fight was amazing. Hopefully the rematch is even better but something tells me that Usman will win decisively. Anyway, time will tell.

I wanted it more than the masvidal rematch.
I wasn't even excited for that fight.
(obviously after the KO I was hyped)

Colby lost that opportunity to catch Usman just before his transformational change in his fight skillz and he still had to fight the best fight of his career where Usman didn't just showed up and fought. Then went on to take out a a very hot Gilbert Burns and slept a guy who doesn't get slept in Masvidal, Colby went on to fight a losing streak Tyron Woodley and chose to sat on that lone win like it was some major accomplishment like it was some major achievement and worthy of him to just sit.

I preferably would've liked to see Colby went on to fight fight another contender in his age grouping and not some one foot out the door fighter Colby's diet of choice. I don't mind seeing a rematch but I think Colby truly needz to show why he deserves that rematch other than beating Woodley. There's no shame in fighting behind you to keep sharp and to live up to all that self hype talk the only one who has all the right to sit and wait is Usman but he's the one being active not too much to ask Colby do the same when offers were made to him.

Back