Any fighter lost their chin, then regained it?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Reason I am pondering this is, the return of Rockhold.
I honestly did not follow his early fights and don’t know if he ever had a chin.

Anyone fighters grow a chin with passing time?
My gut says no. When it is gone, it is gone.

Lots of guys who started using steroids. Steroids make your chin better

Arlovski is the obvious answer
Gets KO’d by Fedor and followed by Brett Rogers and Sergei Kharitinov. As an Arlovski fan, I thought he was done.
A few fights later survives 3 rounds of striking and a broken jaw with HW Anthony Rumble Johnson
Shortly after returns to the UFC and goes on a winning streak to a number one contender fight.

I don't think being KOed one time mean you lost your chin. I mean, Nate Diaz didn't lost his chin against Josh Thompson
I’d argue that’s another good example.
Getting knocked out definitely means a fighter lost his chin, else he would have absorbed that shot and kept going. But I appreciate what you’re saying.

Getting knocked out definitely means a fighter lost his chin, else he would have absorbed that shot and kept going. But I appreciate what you’re saying.

getting ko’d a single time doesn’t mean they lost their chin, especially considering the shot he took and it didn’t fully ko him unconscious, just rocked him and he got finished.

But for that moment at the very least they lost their chin.
Otherwise how else they end up KO’d?
I don’t mean to be splitting hairs, but if you have a world class chin you don’t get dropped off anything.

Back