Dariush's nice-guy disposition has gotten under Tony's skin

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Tony seems real mad this fight. He knows he's getting old. Now is time for him to shit or get off the pot. Everyone knows it.

He's going to fight mad tomorrow. I think we'll see a wilder/more care free than usual from Tony tomorrow night. And that's saying a lot.

Tony is going for broke. His back (career) is up against the wall.

I have a feeling he's been hearing a lot of "he's done" talk directed towards him after 2 straight losses in his late 30's. Guy was already unbalanced as it was, seems to have grown the chip on his shoulder now that he's likely hearing those rumblings through fans and media.

He seems crazier and more emotionally unstable than ever, not a good look IMO.

Tony seems real mad this fight. He knows he's getting old. Now is time for him to shit or get off the pot. Everyone knows it.

He's going to fight mad tomorrow. I think we'll see a wilder/more care free than usual from Tony tomorrow night. And that's saying a lot.

Tony is going for broke. His back (career) is up against the wall.
He might be going for broke but he isn't good enough anymore. His title chances are over. Love Tony and I really enjoy his fights. Father time is undefeated.

Tony has never been that good. he just had that Chin and great endurance which got him so many wins in fights against real competition. now he's too old too slow. Should stick to break dancing.

Tony has never been that good. he just had that Chin and great endurance which got him so many wins in fights against real competition. now he's too old too slow. Should stick to break dancing.

there is truth in this however, the level of toughness Tony has is pretty much unmatched in UFC. that counts for something.

99.9% of guys would have folded way sooner in that Gaejchjiejch fight. i dont think anybody at LW would have lasted that long under same cicumstance

Tony the type of guy that gets younger as he ages

What you said is true but also, his opponents underestimated those attributes adn went for broke in the first round. EVERYONE who fought tony let him do his stuff or spent everything on Rd 1; only Johsnon and Gaethje went safe, exploited tony's defensive isses and got the win.

I have a bad feeling about Tony. Between his age and all the damage he has on him, and especially that absolute beating by Gaethje, I feel he might come out and start looking like Woodley. In the sense that he might try hard, be wild and hurt an opponent, but his chin, ability to recover, reaction time, speed and reflexes will start to fail him and he will look like a different fighter. Charles already ran through him.

Dariush is hittable and kinda plodding, but he hits really hard and Tony used to absorb tons of damage even in his prime. Beneil has tons of momentum, is difficult to put away, and is probably a better grappler than Tony.

Last edited:
I have a bad feeling about Tony. Between his age and all the damage he has on him, and especially that absolute beating by Gaethje, I feel he might come out and start looking like Woodley. In the sense that he might try hard, be wild and hurt an opponent, but his chin, ability to recover, reaction time, speed and reflexes will start to fail him and he will look like a different fighter. Charles already ran through him.

Dariush is hittable and kinda plodding, but he hits really hard and Tony used to absorb tons of damage even in his prime. Beneil has tons of momentum, is difficult to put away, and is probably a better grappler than Tony.
I have that same feeling. Sooner or later his chin will not hold up. If he keeps fighting he will get KO'd. It's almost certainly coming.

Back