Should being clearly hurt by a strike be an instant 10-8?

Gensoking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Boxing scoring has points lost per time being dropped, should MMA have something similar? It would at least make scoring criteria a bit more concrete

Dropped or wobbled 2 times should warrant a 10-8.

being taken down early and controlled the whole round whilst the fighter on top is active should warrant a 10-8 round.

yCq.gif

No. There should be no such thing as an automatic 10-8. We just need better judging and more accountability for bad judges.

Scoring needs to be less like boxing, not more. In a 3 round fight a 10-8 is a huge deal.

Idk, that's part of the problem. I guess you could say they either stanky legged or got dropped in some way that can be ruled wasn't a "trip" à la boxing

Even with a definition you'll end up with three different opinions on the scorecards.

Nah I'd prefer more 10-10 rounds for bullshit rounds where nothing happened. That would solve point fighting overnight. Also, sudden death rounds for instances where there's a draw (as 10-10 rounds would create more of them of course).

Dropped or wobbled 2 times should warrant a 10-8.

being taken down early and controlled the whole round whilst the fighter on top is active should warrant a 10-8 round.
Imagine the scorecard for Sonnen if he didn't get himself triangled for Silva. Would've been the most lopsided scorecard in UFC history.

Imagine the scorecard for Sonnen if he didn't get himself triangled for Silva. Would've been the most lopsided scorecard in UFC history.
Lol legit would have been like 50-43 or something.

Idk why people want to take that fight from Forrest. He's like the Rocky of MMA who, a lot of people argue, may have saved MMA in the west with the TUF finale

What does that have to do with anything?

Fight was razor thin and probably should have been a draw. I had Rampage winning but havent seen the fight in years.

The fact Rampage was champ and they gave Forest the win was pretty shady.

Absolutley not !!!!!! What if the fighter comes back and dominates the entire round ......

I think there should be more 10-8 rounds, but i also think we need competent judges. But to me i really don't think judging a fight is that hard. I have been watching MMA for years now and there only has been like 3 fights i truly say idk who won. Some of these judges scores i hear sometimes i'm like WTF!? Even judging on the winning fighter when i agree is absurd.

Back