If Chandler wins...

StormGymLuton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bellator has the number 1 lightweight in the world

FB_IMG_1620940961199.jpg

Last edited:
The main problem for Bellator is that noone apart from a few people on Sherdog will give a fuck.

Even if they do, and I think Chandler and Pitbull are pretty bad ass, the UFC has the bulk of the talent. Now, that being said, I never thought Hooker was that good, and we'll see how Chandler does against higher level UFC competition. Will Brooks anyone?

Also FWIW, folks who have never seen Chandler vs Alvarez fights should go watch them. Awesome MMA.

These Bellator shills.... They come up with every excuse for Nemkov losing to Jiri....but want to claim a fight involving a FW now determines the world LW champ. It doesn't work that way. And 1st round KO fights can look very different in rematches. See Cain vs. JDS. We have no way of knowing who would win Chandler vs. Pitbull right now.

Chandler and Pitbull are pretty bad ass, the UFC has the bulk of the talent.
It's just sad that people don't understand that UFC caliber fighters come from other promotions all the time.

But don't forget that UFC has bellator or worse (possibly amateur level) caliber fighters currently on their roster. Not everyone who fights in the UFC is world class. Tons of unranked guys on their roster that could easily be in Bellator as well.

I never thought Hooker was that good, and we'll see how Chandler does against higher level UFC competition. Will Brooks anyone?
Will Brooks was quite some time ago. Doesn't mean shit today. Since that last loss to Brooks, Chandler has gone 10-2, with his loss to Primus being a rare injury that he avenged.

If you're bringing up Will Brooks, you're probably a Chandler hater.

If Chandler wins then that means will brooks is the best lightweight in the world.
brooks-vs-chandler-3.jpg

Except not how MMA works. So Pitbull needs to quit trying to live vicariously through Chandler

Freire could come over to the UFC and get pieced up by Dan Hooker for all we know, tough to quantify who’s the best when it comes to fighting.

If Chandler wins, he’s champ and will have a legitimate claim as number one.

MMA Math doesn't work. Pitbull has primarily fought at 145 and he is one of the greats there. He hit Mike in the right spot and won. Great win, but I don't think a rematch would go the same. Maybe it would. I've been wrong countless times. This is MMA. That's also to say, I don't know if Pitbull would survive long in the 155 shark tank if he had to work his way up. Maybe the same with Chandler.

All that said, Gaethje and Poirier both have claims to that with Khabib retired. I love to watch Pitbull fight but this equation isn't that easy to solve.

Back