'Unknown' comeback fights

Straatblaffer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I love comeback fights. We all remember Cheik Kongo's legendary revival. But what are more unknown Comebacks, fights most fans have never seen?

My Nr 1 is Andre Roberts x Ron Waterman, the UFC 21 FOTN.

What are your must see unknown in fight comebacks?

Last edited:
Career comebacks? Or actual in-fight comebacks?

Comebacks ??

tenor.gif

Serra vs Karo parisyan. Amazing back and forth fight that shows all aspects of mma. Karo eats a massive overhand that drops him like a slinky. He somehow recovers and gets a tight armbar on Serra who barely escapes. Karo then Judo’s the fuck out of him to a decision. Amazing fight between 2 of my all time favs that no one remembers

Last edited:
Glover vs Santos, maybe not the best example but was really amazing to saw an old man Teixeira survived after that sledgehammer connect to his head

Karo eats a massive overhand that drops him like a slinky. He somehow recovers and gets a fight armbar on Serra who barely escapes. Karo then Judo’s the fuck out of him to a decision.

That's a heck of fight recap. I'm about to go watch that fight right now.

Drew Fickett vs Josh Koscheck. Great comeback win for Fickett which doesn't get talked about as much as it should.

Chris Leben vs Terry Martin. Martin was on a four fight ko streak at the time and considered one of the best potential challenges for Anderson. He won 2 unremarkable rounds with measured striking and then landed big in the third. But, instead of immediately following up, he showboated, allowing for a still visibly staggered Leben to clomp forward with wild shots and get a surprise ko. Terry Martin's briefly promising career was all downhill from there, while Leben continued to remain a moderately successful novelty fighter for the next few years.

I love comeback fights. We all remember Cheik Kongo's legendary revival. But what are more unknown Comebacks, fights most fans have never seen?

My Nr 1 is Andre Roberts x Ron Waterman, the UFC 21 FOTN.

What are your must see unknown in fight comebacks?

H2O Waterman? What a terrible nickname

Not sure how obscure unknown is supposed to mean.

Leben's triangle on Akiyama is pretty underrated as a great comeback.

Though if you want to get really obscure, I would say Pat Curran vs Daniel Straus 2 is probably my favorite comeback of all time. Curran was down on the scorecards, and RNC'd Straus with 15 seconds left in the 5th round.

Alcantara with the kneebar from nowhere against Luke Sanders. It got overshadowed by the more famous Darren Elkins comeback against Bektic on the same card.

Derrick Lewis in all his fights.

In everyone of his fights he is losing,until he decides nope i am done and stands up and knocks someone out.

Alcantara with the kneebar from nowhere against Luke Sanders. It got overshadowed by the more famous Darren Elkins comeback against Bektic on the same card.
That reminded me of an even better leglock comeback:

Claudio Puelles vs Felipe Silva.

Also Jay Cuccinello against Tyler Diamond on TUF

Back