Was Dan Hardy ever any good?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tumblr_np4sgxoO0I1tugoyjo1_400.gif

tumblr_m4pbjp2iL31rs2u6no1_r1_400.gif

I seem to remember him decisioning A fading Mike Swick and Marcus Davis.

And beating a few bums who didn’t belong in the UFC.

like Duane Ludwig.

I think he might have been not just GSP’s weakest opponent in a title defence, but GSP’s weakest opponent ever in the UFC.

I think he may be more skilled at commentating than anything else.

I don't think GSP had any weak opponents at all in the UFC tbh. He was probably better than early career Jay Hieron.

he only won one fight after that ever again. Against Demarques Johnson.

He faded after the Hardy fight though, so that has no bearing on his performance vs Dan. He looked the same as he had leading up to the fight.

Swick had health problems soon after, which no doubt contributed to his lack of success.

He faded after the Hardy fight though, so that has no bearing on his performance vs Dan. He looked the same as he had leading up to the fight.

Swick had health problems soon after, which no doubt contributed to his lack of success.

Yep, this is correct. Swick was prime when he fought Hardy.

Another noob who thinks someone who was in the top 5 in their prime was no good. If you think every fighter ranked below 3 is a bum, then why do you even like MMA? I'm so over these "So and so is a bum because he never won a title" bullshit threads. Have a little respect you fucking turd-nugget. Or just quit watching so we don't have to hear you whine incessantly about having to watch bums and how bad fighters are.

Go whine to your momma to go make you some hot pockets upstairs or something.

He wasn’t elite, but he was good-ish for back then. Had an entertaining persona too. I enjoyed his run

He was a good one-dimensional striker who liked to bang. His chin carried him for much of his career, as he didn't have much of a striking defense.

P.S. By the way people forget that Hardy was the second wave of the big UK push after Bisping. Hardy, like Bisping, got some fights that suited his style and the GSP title shot was basically a gift.

No, but in order to sell GSP as the GOAT, you have to ignore the journeymen and lightweights in his tittle run.

Back