Media Oliveira's coach believes Michael Chandler will have difficulties w/Oliveira's offense

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Chandler is an explosive guy and works well at a distance, but he doesn't like to be hit. Charles has a lot of combinations standing and on the floor, and he just walks forward. This is what makes the difference. Chandler's game doesn't match Charles's.

https://globoesporte.globo.com/comb...se-da-carreira-para-lutar-pelo-cinturao.ghtml

This was the same answer I had when someone asked me why I picked Oliveira. Chandler is quick (quick one-shot bursts, in and out movements) but I believe oliveira is faster. Particularly with combinations. Dude is fast. Chandler is more of a lot of basic 1-2 combinations but powerful as hell.

The only time I've seen Chandler let his hands go was against Eddie in the first fight when he had Eddie hurt.

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I truly believe if Chandler doesn't catch Oliveira, Oliveira is going to work him.

Oliveira looked considerably faster against Tony than gaethje looked against Tony. Oliveira looked faster against brooks than Chandler did in two fights.

It's still 50-50 fight. Style makes fights.

Last edited:
Im with his coach. Hopefully DoBronx ktfos his overhyped ass.

Oliveira will get sprawled and brawled.

Chandler vs. Him looks like muscular man vs. Lanky boy.

The strength difference will be Obvious.
Being lanky is more of an advantage than being strong and stocky if the tall guy knows how to use it

Chandler is an explosive guy and works well at a distance, but he doesn't like to be hit. Charles has a lot of combinations standing and on the floor, and he just walks forward. This is what makes the difference. Chandler's game doesn't match Charles's.

https://globoesporte.globo.com/comb...se-da-carreira-para-lutar-pelo-cinturao.ghtml

This was the same answer I had when someone asked me why I picked Oliveira. Chandler is quick but I believe oliveira is faster. Particular with combinations. Dude is fast Chandler is a lot of basic 1-2 combinations, powerful as hell.

The only time I've seen Chandler let his hands go was against Eddie in the first fight when he had Eddie hurt.

I truly believe if Chandler doesn't catch Oliveira, Oliveira is going to work him.

Me too. Chandler thinks he has huge heart. I dont know about that

Rooting for Olivera but it’s a dangerous fight. Chandler has the strength and power advantage and marching him down will only put Olivera into Chandler’s range. Hope he’s learned to move his head.

Rooting for Olivera but it’s a dangerous fight. Chandler has the strength and power advantage and marching him down will only put Olivera into Chandler’s range. Hope he’s learned to move his head.
Yeah, what makes this fight 50-50 they are both bad defensively and don't have great head movement. So it's anyone's fight. I lean Oliveira but I'm not that confident. Wouldn't bet anything on it. It's just a feeling.

I believe Charles is going to be too fast for Chandler and Chandler will have no choice but to wrestle and that may get chandler into even more trouble.

IMO, Chandler is not faster than Oliveira. He's quicker than Oliveira. There's a difference. If Chandler misses his shots, Charles is throw combinations. Because Chandler throws with all his weight, firmly planted.

Oliveira has to be ready for Chandler's footwork and the ability to switch stances to cover distance. It's that Henri hooft style. Usman does a good job at switching stances too.

We'll see on Saturday if I'm right or wrong lol

Last edited:

This was the same answer I had when someone asked me why I picked Oliveira. Chandler is quick (quick one-shot bursts) but I believe oliveira is faster. Particular with combinations. Dude is fast Chandler is a lot of basic 1-2 combinations, powerful as hell.

The answer was on the wall run. Run from punching machine.

The reverse is true. Chandler will feint like he is going to be cautious...feinting between shoots and leg kicks and jabs...and his facial expression will say "Oh! How can I fight this absolute unit, Charles Oliveira?" And when he feels Oliveira is lulled a bit, he'll skate forward like Balrog and blitz Charles with a 7-punch combo, separating him from his consciousness.

Jarl

This was the same answer I had when someone asked me why I picked Oliveira. Chandler is quick (quick one-shot bursts, in and out movements) but I believe oliveira is faster. Particularly with combinations. Dude is fast. Chandler is more of a lot of basic 1-2 combinations but powerful as hell.

Oliveira looked considerably faster against Tony than gaethje looked against Tony. Oliveira looked faster against brooks than Chandler did in two fights.

It's still 50-50 fight. Style makes fights.

I'm good with whatever as long as it's violent

Yeah, what makes this fight 50-50 they are both bad defensively and don't have great head movement. So it's anyone's fight. I lean Oliveira but I'm not that confident. Wouldn't bet anything on it. It's just a feeling.

I believe Charles is going to be too fast for Chandler and Chandler will have no choice but to wrestle and that may get chandler into even more trouble.

IMO, Chandler is not faster than Oliveira. He's quicker than Oliveira. There's a difference. If Chandler misses his shots, Charles is throw combinations. Because Chandler throws with all his weight, firmly planted.

Oliveira has to be ready for Chandler's footwork and the ability to switch stances to cover distance. It's that Henri hooft style. Usman does a good job at switching stances too.

We'll see on Saturday if I'm right or wrong lol
Hoping you’re right. Chandler hits hard and is surprisingly fast but does tend to reach with his punches and with his chin up. Olivera has fast and sharp counters.

Oliveria has always been a front runner. When he faced adversity he folds

Yeah, walking down an explosive power puncher is a horrible idea...

If Chuck doesn’t mix up grappling, sub attempts and attempt to gas out Chandler, he’ll get bullied and then flatlined.

Yeah, walking down an explosive power puncher is a horrible idea...

If Chuck doesn’t mix up grappling, sub attempts and attempt to gas out Chandler, he’ll get bullied and then flatlined.
eh, worked out in the end alright. Almost didn't though lol.

Back