Media Confirmed. Michel Pereira is stronger then Jon Jones

Tall guys have different strength called leverage.
Bones is likely the strongest in the ufc. That’s why he’s never been beat. No one is stronger. Duh

Neither guy really locked out lol... plus Jones is using aditional band resistance, so they're not directly comparable. Still, 5 plates beltless is pretty good for a WW MMA fighter. Strong dude.

Get yourself 6 foot long / skinny legs and go to the gym and try to deadlift or squat ..

1496988509Connelly.jpg

Deadlifting isn't as indicative of strength as so many people think

There's a lot of dudes who could out deadlift Jones by hundreds of lbs. who wouldn't feel stronger than him in the octagon

DEADLIFTING IS STUPID

Reactions: 7th
Get yourself 6 foot long / skinny legs and go to the gym and try to deadlift or squat ..
Long limbs is great for deads, but terrible for squats.
Thats why theres many women who cant sqaut 225 yet they deadlift over 3 plates

Theres always gotta be one in thread.

<WhatIsThis> It's not my fault if they didn't lock out brah.

The OP is joking.

He might be, but Pereira isn't. Pereira is really making his case that he is a better deadlifter than Jon, lol. Which is funny cause Jon hates being trolled like that, so I'm glad he'd doing it. He might even be right, the lifts are pretty close in terms of weight, I think it's 455lbs+bands vs 495lbs. I'm just saying, it's not 100% clear based on these videos alone.

This was him in the comments:

Galera aí tem muitas coisas para serem analisados, eu não tô usando cinto, ele tá, minha postura tá melhor que a dele, eu estou com mais peso na barra estou com 11.34 kg em lbs 25 lbs, ele está com a liga e vamos dizer que essa liga dar a pressão de 22.68 kg de pressão que è o que estou pegando a mais, outro detalhe a finalização minha está melhor que a dele, outra coisa sou 3 categorias abaixo da dele, outra coisa o dele está mais alto por quer ele colocou uma anilha de baixo para ficar mais alto, então no meu ponto de vista e minha opinião eu estou mais forte nesse momento, lembrando minha opinião!

Guys there are many things to be analyzed, I'm not wearing a belt, he is, my posture is better than his, I have more weight on the bar I have 11.34 kg, which in lbs is 25 lbs, he has the band and let's say that this band gives the pressure of 22.68 kg of pressure which is what I'm adding to the bar, another detail my lockout is better than his, another thing I am 3 categories below his, another thing his is higher because he put a plate underneath to make the bar higher, so in my point of view and my opinion I am stronger at the moment, remember, just my opinion!

Last edited:

There's a lot of dudes who could out deadlift Jones by hundreds of lbs. who wouldn't feel stronger than him in the octagon

DEADLIFTING IS STUPID
If deadlifting is stupid, why is Jon always doing deadlifts?

Michelle has shit form
Jon has solid form, also he’s using resistance bands

OP confirmed dyel. Possibly manlet. More than likely both:D

DEADLIFTING IS STUPID
All the lunge variations imo are the best At carrying over functional leg strength in mma, leverages dont mean much when it comes to lunges and balance becomes a priority.
Strong lunges will cary over into grappling

I tend do agree that deadlifts Are a bad measure of strength

If deadlifting is stupid, why is Jon always doing deadlifts?
Because he's so talented he can get away with anything

Jon isn't the smartest dude in the world

If deadlifting isn't stupid then why aren't all the other fighters doing them?

Back