Has Rockhold wasted time?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We all know Luke at one time looked like an amazing fighter and after the KO loses to Bisping, Yoel and Jan we have all written him off as having no chin and likely done, but is he? Hard to believe hes completely done because his skills are so good, plus Yoel aint no joke and we all see what Jan has become.

if he can fix his cocky attitude, be humble and go back to MW, I think he can still get some good fights in, maybe not be champ again but lets see..

Honestly though perhaps not a bad thing, I suspect a more active Rockhold would have been fed to more prospects, probably been KOed by Jiri by now as well.

Bigish name with low motivation and taking lots of fights is a sure path to brain damage.

Till seems like a perfect comeback fight for him

I wasted my time till time wasted me...

Hopefully he spent all that extra time improving his horrendous defense and getting some cement injections into that chin.

Saved himself from getting more brain damage.

Would like to see him come back and go on a little run but I think his striking has been exposed

giphy.gif

Last edited:
We all know Luke at one time looked like an amazing fighter and after the KO loses to Bisping, Yoel and Jan we have all written him off as having no chin and likely done, but is he? Hard to believe hes completely done because his skills are so good, plus Yoel aint no joke and we all see what Jan has become.

if he can fix his cocky attitude, be humble and go back to MW, I think he can still get some good fights in, maybe not be champ again but lets see..
I think he is wasting his time if he plans a comeback.
He has amazing skills. But he can't take much punishment, as we've seen.
As such, while I think he can beat anyone in the division, he can also lose to most top fighters.
And due to his losses, he won't get a shortcut to the belt, meaning I don't think he will ever become champion again.

He was the champ. he has nothing to prove any further
He is a model. IMHO take this path and don't jeopardize his health and career for a dream that will probably not come true anymore.

He had that gnarly mrsa infection in his leg years ago which he doesn't seem to be able to fully recover from doesn't he? I don't think it's that he doesn't want to fight so much as he can't clear that injury and it's obviously effecting his performances.

You have got to feel for Rockhold.

The first victim in Jans reign of terror over the LHW & MW divisions.

But then I remember all the trash talk to Jan, who was ranked #5 at the time, and Rockhold was dismissing as an easy fight.

The guy clearly overestimated his abilities, its probably best for him that he stays retired after that life changing knockout.

He had legit injuries and set backs. It wasn't intentional. I do think he was one of the best MWs, though, and wish we had seen more from him.

He had that gnarly mrsa infection in his leg years ago which he doesn't seem to be able to fully recover from doesn't he? I don't think it's that he doesn't want to fight so much as he can't clear that injury and it's obviously effecting his performances.

that and really when you get brutally knocked out especially multiple times your body needs a full year- two years to fully be back tonormal for some. sometimes more. i think luke still one of the best mws

He had legit injuries and set backs. It wasn't intentional. I do think he was one of the best MWs, though, and wish we had seen more from him.
wish he had used his grappling more. I remember being shocked at how he rag-dolled Machida

Back