How does Volkov vs Gane go?

Very tough match up for Gane imo. I was very high in Gane when he first got into the ufc but I’ve cooled off a bit. I believe he he has more to prove before I’m ready to say he could be champ material and volkov is a good place to prove some more

Volkov by 5th round doctor stoppage

Really excited for this 1. Must be a nr 1 contender fight, right?

This is probably a contender fight if Jones carries on sitting out so hoping for a banger. Gane by decision or late TKO.

Volkov forces a fight I think and Gane will have to show he can bang. Gane is technical striker but not seen him have a war yet

Gane seems to get a lot of hate for the Rozenstruck fight, I thought he could have ended that fight whenever he wanted he was just being super cautious. After seeing how Dana trashed him after the fight I see him being more aggressive this time and finishing Volkov.

I'm not feeling the Gane hype as much, he seems very passive and green. Volkov meanwhile used to seem green, but has visibly matured and upgraded his skills.

Gane has potential, but I think Volkov is further ahead and should be the favorite. But I'm intrigued by this fight. Anything can happen at HW.

I’m guessing Volkov by decision

Volkov finds a way to job as per the usual; as he does when he's fighting someone who isn't either crap, or old and washed-up.

Gane won't be able to take Volkov down and it seems like he'll be outgunned at range

If he wins this decisively, I'd pick him over anyone at HW

The same way the last 6"7 guy that fought Gane went down after being beaten up for 15 minutes.

3rd round submission by heel hook.

Stylistically Volkov beats him similar to how he did Reem. Ganes youth will likely make him more competitive , but I got Volkov winning relatively easily.

Excited for this one. Clear cut #1 contender fight. Gane seems a bit faster and lighter on his feet, Volkov is bigger and probably hits harder. Both very skilled strikers. Hard to tell who will prevail. Gane might try to surprise him, by taking him down, where Gane might have a slight advantage.

60/40 Gane
Probably by decision or late submission

Back