Volkanovski knows how to "steal" rounds

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
with leg kicks, stalling in the clinch against the fence, and the occasional takedowns
being safe and effective just like Leon Edwards.

I predict that this style of fighting is the future in MMA when most top fighters become good at everything
the fighter who knows what to do to "steal" the round and is willing to do so would most likely beat his opponent even if he's a little bit inferior skill-wise.

Last edited:
Steal rounds? No, I think he wins rounds due to being just that damn good and having a high fight iq. Your wording seems like its trying to discredit him.
that's actually what I meant.
but I was envisioning a close round between him and Max where he "steals" that round using those tactics

So you’re saying...Well rounded fighters with intelligent Game planning will win fights... Shocking simply...Shocking
Another sherdogger trying to sound cool and clever by mocking the op.
in case you truly are having problems understanding this thread
it's me predicting what the dominant style in MMA would look like in the future, seeing how a lot of people don't like this style of fighting and call it boring.

Last edited:
Cant stand Volk. Worst champ in the ufc by far. Hope Ortega smashes him.

I think,
"It's part of the game to play it safe and clever" !

But i prefer,
"Petal to the metal" !

I get what you're saying, but there's always gonna be finishers out there

Volk is really good, but he's not 20 years ahead of his time lol

Some fighters are good enough to be the champ, but not good enough to get the finishes

Like Jones at the end of his career at LHW

The future of MMA is boxing

If you can box you'll go very far in this sport. Even today most divisions are dominated by the best pure boxers in the division, Stipe-Jan-Izzy-Petr-Rose-Max etc

Then you add the grappling skill, some kickboxing and Muay thai knowledge, and that'll be the standard elite mma fighter in 10-15 years.

The gloves are too small, the guys who know how to box will have the longest careers and the most success as the sport continues to globalize. When new weight classes are introduced and the UFC introduces new weigh in protocols, the size advantages that fighters have on fight night will dissipate, further reducing the amount of dominant grapplers who on fight night have a 10-15lb weight advantage to overpower their opponents.

Well, I didn't expect that!
Well done!

The outcome of their last fight was coin flip stuff. I thought max won, but it was Razor thin and neither guy judges their own fight. War Volk.

Hes boring. God hope Ortega takes him out.

Volkanovski knows how to bore his way to a decision?

If it was that easy to steal rounds, everybody would've been doing that. The styles in MMA will be the same as they always were. There would be brawlers, there would be safe point fighters. No brawler can start fighting smart all of a sudden. Can you imagine Cyborg being tactical? She is one clean punch away from turning into full blown Wandy (with a wig).

I don't know why volk gets so much hate. Max has a higher decision rate than him at 45% vs 36% <45>

People are acting like he's the new jon fitch or something.

Max won the first 2 rounds last time then decided to sit back and play it safe. If he actually tried to go for the finish or just push the pace in one of those last 3 rounds then he would have won the fight instead of losing 2 straight.

The future of MMA is boxing

If you can box you'll go very far in this sport. Even today most divisions are dominated by the best pure boxers in the division, Stipe-Jan-Izzy-Petr-Rose-Max etc

Then you add the grappling skill, some kickboxing and Muay thai knowledge, and that'll be the standard elite mma fighter in 10-15 years.

The gloves are too small, the guys who know how to box will have the longest careers and the most success as the sport continues to globalize. When new weight classes are introduced and the UFC introduces new weigh in protocols, the size advantages that fighters have on fight night will dissipate, further reducing the amount of dominant grapplers who on fight night have a 10-15lb weight advantage to overpower their opponents.
isn't boxing a skill though?
I'm talking about a style where the priority in preferred techniques is situational rather than centered around a specific skill a fighter has and tries to build his whole style around it

Back