If Charles Oliveira rematches Felder

Kdup

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who wins that fight? Does Felder beat the shit out of him again? Or does new improved Aloe Vera da Silva, make him look like an amateur?

It’s hard to say. It’s just weird that the LW division went from a guy that was unbeatable, to either a lifetime Non-ufc guy or Charles Oliveira. I take nothing away from Charles or Chandler, they are both great, but can either of them beat Paul Felder? If not, what does that say about the LW division? I think Habib beats Paul Felder handily, but these guys, I just don’t know. Maybe Dana is thinking that this fight will make the division seem more exciting, because both of these guys are beatable, and the belt changing hands a lot is a good story line to sell a fight?

Reactions: D'z
Beat him from inside his guard too, while all the commentary crew were saying Felder was an idiot for going for elbow from mount. Oliveira tapped and Felder kept going. Brutal finish. And in my opinion, no, nothing changes. Oliveira has had a fortunate string of opponents and handled them well, but I don’t think he has completely transformed his game the way people tend to say nowadays.

Olives faked an injury in the first round against Max holloway to get out of the fight

Beat him from inside his guard too, while all the commentary crew were saying Felder was an idiot for going for elbow from mount. Oliveira tapped and Felder kept going. Brutal finish. And in my opinion, no, nothing changes. Oliveira has had a fortunate string of opponents and handled them well, but I don’t think he has completely transformed his game the way people tend to say nowadays.

His fight IQ is way better now, he won’t gas going for front chokes in the first (almost got it) and Felder doesn’t have the wrestling to control him if he doesn’t gas.

Not saying Felder couldn’t win but out of the 2 it’s clear who has improved more since they fought.

I’d love to see my boi Felder ride off into the sunset with a UFC belt, no matter whether it’s legit or not.

Felder beat his ass, I think it's just a bad matchup for him....

Reactions: D'z
I'd pick Oliveira if they fight again. Felder is getting older and even retired for a bit. Charles is peaking. And there's no reason to think it will play out just like their first fight. Look at all the rematches that didn't: JDS-Cain 2 & 3, Mousasi-Jacare, GSP-Serra, GSP-Hughes, even Oliveira-Miller.

Who wins that fight? Does Felder beat the shit out of him again? Or does new improved Aloe Vera da Silva, make him look like an amateur?

It’s hard to say. It’s just weird that the LW division went from a guy that was unbeatable, to either a lifetime Non-ufc guy or Charles Oliveira. I take nothing away from Charles or Chandler, they are both great, but can either of them beat Paul Felder? If not, what does that say about the LW division? I think Habib beats Paul Felder handily, but these guys, I just don’t know. Maybe Dana is thinking that this fight will make the division seem more exciting, because both of these guys are beatable, and the belt changing hands a lot is a good story line to sell a fight?
Should the belt be vacant forever then? The division needs a champion.

Olives faked an injury in the first round against Max holloway to get out of the fight

<{cruzshake}>
He suffered a micro tear of his esophagus in that fight and went out of the hospital with a neck brace. What are you talking about?

Smart man.

Oliveira would be a fairly sizable favorite if they were to fight in 2021.

Felder is 37 and most recently took a 5-round beat down from RDA, after which he admitted he hasn't been training MMA much. Prior to that fight, he went through 8 rounds of war with Hooker and Barboza. That's a lot of damage to take in your late thirties.

Oliveira on the other hand is 31 and has gotten physically stronger, while also noticeably improving his wrestling and his striking, to go along with his elite BJJ.

Felder elbows a hole through his skull again. Oliveira has beaten literally no one to deserve his hype, beating the corpses of Lee and Toney means nothing.

Back