How can Stipe win against Francis in a third fight?

GoofMaster93

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GrippingCheeryAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

I can't see Stipe being able to beat Francis and there's nothing he can really change to make it happen imo. Stipe feels like adding weight is going to somehow fix the problem but I haven't seen any fighters/athletes put on muscle into their late 30's and not have it affect them negatively

Francis is also improving at the same time and has the experience of fighting Stipe twice. Stipe has to land the haymaker to end all haymakers in existence to win this because I don't know if his chin will be able to take Francis's shots for even 1 round at this stage

Stipe's last 4 fights weren't cake walks and Francis has a chin made out of space mountain. Stipe's going to be 40 years old, heavier, slower, and his chin isn't what it used to be. How the heck is he going to pull this off?

Won't be easy but he needs to make it dirty, drag him into deep waters, and drown him like a Diaz brother kill or be killed motherfuckers.

GrippingCheeryAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

I can't see Stipe being able to beat Francis and there's nothing he can really change to make it happen imo. Stipe feels like adding weight is going to somehow fix the problem but I haven't seen any fighters/athletes put on muscle into their late 30's and not have it affect them negatively

Francis is also improving at the same time and has the experience of fighting Stipe twice. Stipe has to land the haymaker to end all haymakers in existence to win this because I don't know if his chin will be able to take Francis's shots for even 1 round at this stage

Stipe's last 4 fights weren't cake walks and Francis has a chin made out of space mountain. Stipe's going to be 40 years old, heavier, slower, and his chin isn't what it used to be. How the heck is he going to pull this off?
if I had to develop a strategy for someone who was a wildly Superior wrestler I would definitely suggest wrestling. I tuned into that fight expecting another wrestler vs. Striker Showdown but instead I got up late Macaulay Culkin trying to Duke it out with chocolate thunder... for some strange reason that doesn't make sense unless you plan to earn more by losing than by winning

It was nice to see a modicum of skill coming out of Francis because frankly he still looks like a steroid experiment that throws punches somewhere between the sryle of Tank Abbott and Kimbo Slice

*boxing coach?

Won't be easy but he needs to make it dirty, drag him into deep waters, and drown him like a Diaz brother kill or be killed motherfuckers.
* or take him down...

Francis has some of the most Reckless striking I've ever seen in the ring, if you can't get under those ridiculous Haymakers and catch him as he's flying toward you you don't deserve to call yourself a wrestler

Come in heavier so he can use his wrestling skills and bring back the head movement he used in the first fight
Up late Macaulay Culkin literally tried to Duke it out with Francis in a ridiculous attempt to prove he wasn't really hurt.

It's one of the worst mistakes in fighting sports but a lot of people do it

if I had to develop a strategy for someone who was a wildly Superior wrestler I would definitely suggest wrestling. I tuned into that fight expecting another wrestler vs. Striker Showdown but instead I got up late Macaulay Culkin trying to Duke it out with chocolate thunder... for some strange reason that doesn't make sense unless you plan to earn more by losing than by winning

It was nice to see a modicum of skill coming out of Francis because frankly he still looks like a steroid experiment that throws punches somewhere between the sryle of Tank Abbott and Kimbo Slice

*boxing coach?

He already tried wrestling Francis but got manhandled. That's why I'm saying adding weight won't help because then what does that mean for his gas tank at 40 years old?

He already tried wrestling Francis but got manhandled. That's why I'm saying adding weight won't help because then what does that mean for his gas tank at 40 years old?
well stipe completely dominated him with wrestling in the first fight but came into the second fight dry as a bone and tried to Duke it out. Naturally after getting caught with a very heavy blow his wrestling suffered and basically devolved into desperation instead of an intelligent Greco-Roman pressure game

Last edited:

*boxing coach?

<TheWire1><{Joewithit}>{<jordan}

Stipe should fight someone else and if he wins than he can get his trilogy rematch.

Maybe he could utilize body kicks more and stay on the outside to tire him out. Then shoot for takedowns when Francis tries to close the distance.

Stipe only made one takedown attempt in their second fight just after he ate a massive cross. He was so rung he fell to his hands and knees when Francis did a simple sprawl and couldn't even get a seat belt to push Francis against the fence.

Stipe lost because he tried to use Boy Scout boxing against some of the most Reckless slugging in UFC history and continued to box after he got hit yet again showing one of the worst tactical strategies in MMA history!

The same game plan Cain used against Dos Santos on their rematch.

So, there was a neat moment where he landed a nice right on nagannous chin right before he was KO'd and it made me think back to how he handled Francis in the first fight.

I think Ngannou got better, and that Stipe didn't but any man can be beat with the right plan. Stipe did it once with not just smart punching and TD's but also smart feet, feints, and distance. Those are things he still does better than Francis.

A rubber match is interesting. I can't call it but I think that FN would be the favourite and perhaps rightfully so.

Stipe's only shot is to come in at 265 with a Roy Nelson belly and beard, and then to Elias Theodorou Ngannou for 2 rounds before wrestling him down for the last 3.

Back