News Donald Cerrone removed from LW rankings; Drew Dober replaces him

Sticko

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Drew Dober is now the #15 LW.

Islam up 1 place, tied with Paul Felder at #10. Gregor Gillespie and Diego Ferreira swap places; Gillespie is at 12 and CDF at 14. Kevin Lee remains at 13.

Makes sense, if Lee is moving to WW lets get Arman or Fiziev in there too.

Drew Dober is now the #15 LW.

Islam up 1 place, tied with Paul Felder at #10. Gregor Gillespie and Diego Ferreira swap places; Gillespie is at 12 and CDF at 14. Kevin Lee remains at 13.

It's fair considering he hasn't won a LW fight since 2019 , hell that's when he last got a win before he went on this 6 Fight Winless run. Cowboy is at the end. Wonder if he gets one more for a Goodbye fight he is one fighter I see them accommodating for such.

Dober moved up the rankings coming off a loss?

Maybe he was #16 before fighting Islam, and dropped to #17 after his loss. You don't fall far when you lose to someone above you.

Then Al Iaquinta was removed for inactivity, and Cowboy dropped after losing another, making him #15.

Makes sense. Personally I think it's time for UFC to think about paying off his contract. I know UFC are gonna give him 1 last chance, but at this point his last 6 fights have been pretty much bad for him and 4 of them straight up beat downs. After all he's done in his career I don't want to see anymore beatings for the guy, I can only imagine the state he's going to be in 10-15 years down the line at this point.

I agree. Give him some cash and save him some brain cells. The dude deserves it for sure, but we know they don't give a fuck about fighters. They'll give him 1 more fight and we'll all probably die a little inside when it happens. Cash Transfer Everyday!

Lol those two ducks won't want to fight Islam and Arman

Felder is semi retired, he only fights match ups that interests him. I am not really blaming him.
Hooker on the other hand...

Sad to see Cerrone leave the rankings after so long. He's one of the last OGs of the LW division. IMHO, it was so much more fun when guys like Cerrone, Bendo, Pettis, and that generation were on top.

He should have been ranked before Cowboy long before this. The problem with these rankings is that old guys keep getting the benefit of the doubt despite not having won in years while newer fighters can go on win streaks and still struggle to crack the rankings. Same thing happened with Woodley. He was on a 3 fight losing streak, lost 15 straight rounds and was still in the top 5.

"So wait, you're telling me that when the oldest person in the world dies, the second oldest somehow just becomes the oldest? Seems like bullshit to me"

Back