Media Micheal Chandler willing to entertain Welterweight but not before establishing himself at LW

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Chandler says he himself wouldn't be a legitimate size WW, but then goes on to say Kamaru usman is not a big 170lber. What

Last edited:
exactly. I don't know why fighters play games and lie like that. Like Dustin saying that too. Stop it. You guys aren't going to do that. They just want to fight LWs at 170 so they don't have to cut as much.
Yeah that’d be the one exception, if he was able to fight a LW at 170.

Dude is 35 with a 22-5 record. If he wants to get even close to the LW GOAT discussion like he's talked about, he needs to win the title and defend it 3 times (like Khabib, BJ and Bendo did) or at least twice (like Frankie did plus a draw where he retained it). There's no way he can do all that and make a half-serious run at WW, especially as short as he is.

Dude is 35 with a 22-5 record. If he wants to get even close to the LW GOAT discussion like he's talked about, he needs to win the title and defend it 3 times (like Khabib, BJ and Bendo did) or at least twice (like Frankie did plus a draw where he retained it). There's no way he can do all that and make a half-serious run at WW, especially as short as he is.
Who said he wants to be the LW GOAT besides you?

exactly. I don't know why fighters play games and lie like that. Like Dustin saying that too. Stop it. You guys aren't going to do that. They just want to fight LWs at 170 so they don't have to cut as much.
Yeah Dustin said "I would definitely move up, but the guys are big. It has to be the right guy"

C'mon dawg

Tell that to Matt Serra
Serra was way too small lol. That's one of the reasons his victory over GSP is still the biggest upset in UFC history, and one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Just incredible.

Yeah Dustin said "I would definitely move up, but the guys are big. It has to be the right guy"

C'mon dawg
He also said something like I'm getting to big to make 155 I'm going to have to move up to 170lns before my career is over. Some shit like that.

All bs. Why can't these guys be like khabib and say that's not my weightclass. Why these half truths. They just want to fight lws at 170. That's it.

Back