News Dan Hardy wants release from UFC fight contract -- UPDATE: RELEASED

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“The only thing that’s happened is I’ve asked two different people for my release from the UFC,” Hardy said when asked for an update on his situation. “Because obviously with one contract coming to an end, it would make sense for me to leave with my fight contract as well. So I’m currently trying to get my release from the UFC so then I can start looking at other places.

“I’ve got a few ideas and a few options that I’d like to consider. But it’s just getting a hold of someone, I might have to recruit Joshua Fabia to get someone’s attention at some point.”

“I think even if it got to the stage where I could get the UFC to give me an opponent, it’s not going to be one of the ones I want,” Hardy said. “They’re not matching veterans with veterans anymore. They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...n-hardy-wants-release-from-ufc-fight-contract

Dan Hardy is upset the mma business is starting to look like the wrestling business. Do the Job on the way out. Jokes aside, I hope he gets his release and he gets to compete where he wants to compete.

edit:

Last edited:
He can try to roast UFC in his podcasts, that might work. Feminine organisation. Pussy rules <{danayeah}><NewGina>

I didn't expect to laugh about this but here we are. <45>
images

What the fuck dude, you're a veteran that can call the shots?

<36>

“I think even if it got to the stage where I could get the UFC to give me an opponent, it’s not going to be one of the ones I want,” Hardy said. “They’re not matching veterans with veterans anymore. They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows."

Edit: HOLY FUCK I MIXED UP DAN HARDY AND GREG HARDY LOLLLLLLLL FUCK ME

Just how smart is Diego Sanchez?

He said his only chance of getting his medical records was when he was still an active fighter, otherwise they wouldn't even take his calls.

Looks like he was correct, as Hardy is confirming. He can't even get ahold of anyone. Once you're out of the UFC or inactive you're dead to them.

What about this "we have to offer 3 fights a year" stuff I hear from Dana?
i think dan is saying he expects he won't like the offers he's getting. they need to offer him fights, but if he turns down the fights that's on him.

doesn't look like he's in the testing pool yet anyway.

They’re matching veterans with the new guys coming up so they can build the next name and I’m not interested in fighting someone that nobody knows.
First of all, what's wrong with this approach? Secondly, is this even true?

Look at a guy like Matt Brown. Since 2016, he's only fought one up and comer (Miguel Baeza).

Look at a guy like Condit. He's been matched with zero up and comers. All veterans.

First of all, what's wrong with this approach? Secondly, is this even true?

Look at a guy like Matt Brown. Since 2016, he's only fought one up and comer (Miguel Baeza).

Look at a guy like Condit. He's been matched with zero up and comers. All veterans.

thats kind of what every established guy in prizefighting has done for 100 years on their way out. Kind of a passing of the torch.

but let him out of his contract so he can make money elsewhere.
He was fired. Why hold his contract up to try to fuxk with a former employee of many years.

or give him some fights so he can fight it out.

He acted like a bully with a ref (because of a late stoppage iirc) and a production assistant.

no that wasn’t why he was fired. That was long before.

I know the circumstances and it involved a woman who wasn’t giving him information for shows an appearance for promotion. He was upset with her and he was fired.

I don’t know what was said though.

Back