Post PRIDE and WEC which MMA promotions had a better division than UFC's?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Strikeforce MW division

Jacare
Luke
Saucy
Yoel
Kennedy
Hendo
Smith
Brunson
Larkin
Robbie
Amagov
Cung
Mayhem

For reference this is how UFCs MW division looked before the SF merger

Anderson
Weidman
Vitor
Lyoto
Shale
Bisping
Okami
Munoz
Philippou
Lombard
Boetsch
Stann
Belcher

Bellator LHW division

Vadim
Rumble
Davis
Bader
Corey
Augusto
Anglickas
Yagshi
Liam
Fortune
Polizzi
Albrektsson
Puetz
Viktor
Neal
Edwards
Biyong

Any else? Perhaps SFs HW division?

MMA is organized like pro-wrestling so it is always possible another organization could have a stronger division than another. All of this of course works against the fighters best interests and fosters an environment where the goal is to achieve a status rather than to maximize self worth. Dana is such a capitalist yet is so oppressive to his workers. HMM???

Strikeforce's women division, by virtue of existing.

Beyond that, sure MW has a case but I'd say Silva/Weidman/TRT Vitor etc slightly edges it out. So the answer would be none.

Strikeforce HW division looked like this in 2011, I'd say it was better than UFC's HW division that had Brock, Cain, Mir, and JDS
SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

ONE's atom weight division. The UFC needs to get their shit together and poach that talent. Itsuki Hirata is a potential star: cute, merciless, charismatic, and finishes her fights.

Jarl

Strikeforce MW division

Jacare
Luke
Saucy
Yoel
Kennedy
Hendo
Smith
Brunson
Larkin
Robbie
Amagov
Cung
Mayhem

For reference this is how UFCs MW division looked before the SF merger

Anderson
Weidman
Vitor
Lyoto
Shale
Bisping
Okami
Munoz
Philippou
Lombard
Boetsch
Stann
Belcher

Bellator LHW division

Vadim
Rumble
Davis
Bader
Corey
Augusto
Anglickas
Yagshi
Liam
Fortune
Polizzi
Albrektsson
Puetz
Viktor
Neal
Edwards
Biyong

Any else? Perhaps SFs HW division?

Some of these guys are pointless to list. Neal? Tyree? These guys are shite and add nothing to the point you're trying to make.

Ksw and wwe have a legit case too. Brock and Honda > Griffin and Bonnar!

Bellator's featherweight division doesn't have the depth that the UFC's has, but Patricio Pitbull is the best featherweight in the world. A.J. McKee has looked elite as well. We are going to find out just how good he is at 26 years old when they face each other in a few months.

Bellator has a very good welterweight division. Douglas Lima would be Usman's biggest threat if he were in the UFC. Amosov and Berkhamov also might be elite, time will tell. Koreshkov, Jackson, Storley, and Neiman Gracie are high level. Hopefully, MVP will start fighting those guys, so we can see how good he really is. How many steps below Lima is he? It is a shame that Rory left for PFL.

Bellator's featherweight division doesn't have the depth that the UFC's has, but Patricio Pitbull is the best featherweight in the world. A.J. McKee has looked elite as well. We are going to find out just how good he is at 26 years old when they face each other in a few months.

Bellator has a very good welterweight division. Douglas Lima would be Usman's biggest threat if he were in the UFC. Amosov and Berkhamov also might be elite, time will tell. Koreshkov, Jackson, Storley, and Neiman Gracie are high level. Hopefully, MVP will start fighting those guys, so we can see how good he really is. How many steps below Lima is he? It is a shame that Rory left for PFL.

Depth is why I couldnt entertain FW for Bellator. Comparing top 5s tho I think it gets interesting but still have to roll with UFCs.

Bellator is very close to having a better WW division honestly. UFCs WW division is mostly trash. Tyron before release, Maia, Robbie all still ranked lmfaoo Demian and Robbie are still top 10 somehow dafuq.. Besides Khamzat their prospects are sus too. Shavkat is talented but his win over fake Cowboy doesnt look to good after what Randy Brown did to him. Hes shot now. Baeza is okay but not that good. I dunno why Brady lost his ranking hes better than most of the division already

Neal couldnt pass the Magny test and that hurts alot b/c the WWs below him are mostly ass or washed up. BW, FW, LW are the only UFC divisions right now that are truly amazing top to bottom with top elites, contenders, depth, gatekeepers, prospects etc.

But Bellator let a few too many WWs get signed by PFL. If they kept Rory and nabbed Kunchenko who IMO beat Burns and 1-2 others like Nikolay you could make a case they have a better WW division IMO. Dont forget Larkin too who beat Jorge and gave Neil Magny the worst ass beating of his career and theyre both still easily top 10 in UFC.

If they kept Rory and got Kunchenko

Lima
Rory
Amosov
Jason
Neiman
Storley
Larkin
Koreshkov
Berkhamov
Joey
Kunchenko
MVP
Daley
Houston

That's a great division and you could easily argue better than UFC but letting Rory go and not getting 1-2 more talents like Kunchenko hurt the case IMO. It's def the closest division besides Bellators greater LHW division that compares to UFC tho

Last edited:
Depth is why I couldnt entertain FW for Bellator. Comparing top 5s tho I think it gets interesting but still have to roll with UFCs.

Bellator is very close to having a better WW division honestly. UFCs WW division is mostly trash. Tyron before release, Maia, Robbie all still ranked lmfaoo Demian and Robbie are still top 10 somehow dafuq.. Besides Khamzat their prospects are sus too. Shavkat is talented but his win over fake Cowboy doesnt look to good after what Randy Brown did to him. Hes shot now. Baeza is okay but not that good. I dunno why Brady lost his ranking hes better than most of the division already

Neal couldnt pass the Magny test and that hurts alot b/c the WWs below him are mostly ass or washed up. BW, FW, LW are the only UFC divisions right now that are truly amazing top to bottom with top elites, contenders, depth, gatekeepers, prospects etc.

But Bellator let a few too many WWs get signed by PFL. If they kept Rory and nabbed Kunchenko who IMO beat Burns and 1-2 others like Nikolay you could make a case they have a better WW division IMO. Dont forget Larkin too who beat Jorge and gave Neil Magny the worst ass beating of his career and theyre both still easily top 10 in UFC.

If they kept Rory and got Kunchenko

Lima
Rory
Amosov
Jason
Neiman
Storley
Larkin
Koreshkov
Berkhamov
Joey
Kunchenko
MVP
Daley
Houston

That's a great division and you could easily argue better than UFC but letting Rory go and not getting 1-2 more talents like Kunchenko hurt the case IMO. It's def the closest division besides Bellators greater LHW division that compares to UFC tho

I'm almost certain people like Houston wouldn't pass the Magny test either. He was losing to Dalby pretty comfortably before it got stopped on blood.

Back