If UFC had the lightweight division earlier, would Pulver be more of a legend?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
So no one mentions Pulver no more when talking about lightweight Goats.

Pulver beat Prime BJ and he had really good records most only losing to real good fighters.

He got ktfo by Lauzon and his career seemingly went downhill from there

I can't help but wonder of UFC kept the division around and if Jens didnt leave the UFC and stayed a champ he would have had better legacy.

No one mentions Pulver no more but his fall was really bad in his own right.

On what planet did he beat prime BJ?
When he fought prime BJ this is what happened:
BJPennvs.JensPulvernew.gif

Jens Pulver is the former UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 2 title defences).

Even though nobody knows what would've happened with Pulver's career if the UFC kept the Lightweight Division around, he still accomplished a lot.

Sadly, Pulver's accomplishments and Sherk's accomplishments will keep being forgotten by casual fans as more and more time goes on.

He probably would've had a better legacy if he stayed, but honestly not by much.

This brings back good memories though, I really thought he would do pretty well in the WEC, but that went up in flames pretty quick.

He probably would have had more title defenses on his resume but he's a legend regardless.

Jens' WEC run was brutal to watch.

So no one mentions Pulver no more when talking about lightweight Goats.

Pulver beat Prime BJ and he had really good records most only losing to real good fighters.

He got ktfo by Lauzon and his career seemingly went downhill from there

I can't help but wonder of UFC kept the division around and if Jens didnt leave the UFC and stayed a champ he would have had better legacy.

No one mentions Pulver no more but his fall was really bad in his own right.
Again with the garbage. You honestly think that was Prime Penn? What is wrong with you?

No, he could've been legendary had he gone to Pride and dominated but got KTFO. Had he racked up some wins over Sakurai, Hansen, Gomi, Ishida and Kawijiri, he would've been legendary.

Reactions: TR1
Maybe if featherweight had popped up sooner.

Jens Pulver is the former UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 2 title defences).

Even though nobody knows what would've happened with Pulver's career if the UFC kept the Lightweight Division around, he still accomplished a lot.

Sadly, Pulver's accomplishments and Sherk's accomplishments will keep being forgotten by casual fans as more and more time goes on.

Sherk is a roider

That would have only elevated Duane's status tbh.

True

Pulver was a beast but I'm afraid malingering so long after he went into decline may have effaced some people's memories of his prime greatness.

Pulver was a beast but I'm afraid malingering so long after he went into decline may have effaced some people's memories of his prime greatness.

Yeah Militech champs Pulver and Tim and Militech himself gets zero hespect around here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back