Giga Chikadze says he’s a better striker than Max Holloway. Finish him in 2 rounds.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

“I guarantee you I’m the best striker [in the UFC] and a much better striker than Max Holloway. I just need my chance to prove it."

That's UFC rising star Giga Chikadze officially throwing down the gauntlet ... challenging the featherweight G.O.A.T. to a scrap when talking to TMZ Sports.

Chikadze's stock is soaring after the 32-year-old put Cub Swanson away with a BRUTAL liver kick only 63 seconds into their co-main event fight last weekend.

Giga -- 13-2 (8 KO's) -- is now the #10 ranked featherweight ... so we asked him to name his dream fight.

“For sure Max Holloway.”

Why Blessed? He's the definition of a problem inside the Octagon.

"His fight against Calvin Kattar, I watched that fight and it was probably one of the best performances I’ve seen in a featherweight division," Giga says.

"Every time he was doing some crazy boxing combo I said, 'Man, I wanna fight him!'"

Of course, Holloway didn't just dominate Kattar (he landed a record 445 significant strikes) ... he's beaten Jose Aldo (twice), Brian Ortega, Frankie Edgar, Anthony Pettis and Jeremy Stephens -- to name a few.

Despite his ridiculous resume, Chikadze isn't afraid to say he has better hands (and legs) than the former champion ... and a fight with Max would be over inside 10 minutes.

“It doesn’t matter if it's gonna be a 3-round fight, 5-round fight ... I only give [Holloway] 2 [rounds]. That’s the max.”

He's talking himself into a beating. And his cardio isn't great so even if he were to win a couple rounds. Max would take over and punish him. Would watch though

I called for him to fight Kattar after the Cub win

Reactions: MCS
If anyone can finish Max @ FW its prolly Giga

The next 2 with the best chances were Ortega and Kattar and neither came close

Even if overall his striking isn't better, Max has diversified a lot with knees, elbows and kicks. He has the chin to withstand some shots from Giga, continually pressure him, wear him out and then beat the shit out of him.

That said, it's a fight and anyone can win. I respect the respectful call out. There's nothing wrong with him shooting his shot. I still think Max is content with waiting to fight the winner of Ortega/Volk, though.

Back