Why is no one talking about the blatant eye poke in Prochazka/Reyes?

Blazmo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Ordinarily stuff like this doesn't bother me but this was a high-profile fight with big ramifications for the division it took place in and it's driving me crazy how practically no one is talking about the blatant eye poke in Reyes/Prochazka despite the fact no one's been able to come up with a good excuse for Prochazka the few brief times it was mentioned in the immediate aftermath of that fight. Look at the gif below, not only was it a clear eye rake it was also obviously intentional and yet no one's talking about it, not even Reyes himself, which is totally bizarre to me.

I never really noticed it.

But it looked more like he palmed his head to distract him for a second. I don't think it actually poked his eye.

There wasn't one.

At most he touched his eyebrow, and Reyes right away measured and went to strike Jiri as Jiri turned, so he clearly could see him.

obviously you don't know what an eye poke is....

Even if it was an eye poke, which it wasn't, Reyes was well on his way to being ktfo and there was nothing he could do to stop it either way. Reyes himself isn't even using this as an excuse....

Slo-Mo-Tion...

don1jgM.gif

Ddbnl8R.gif

I always love it when a random sherdogger thinks he knows better than the fighter at the receiving end of it.

Blatant-
adjective

-(of bad behavior) done openly and unashamedly.

-completely lacking in subtlety; very obvious.

So TS can get it right next time.
<{vega}>

Not an Eye Poke.

Ordinarily stuff like this doesn't bother me but this was a high-profile fight with big ramifications for the division it took place in and it's driving me crazy how practically no one is talking about the blatant eye poke in Reyes/Prochazka despite the fact no one's been able to come up with a good excuse for Prochazka the few brief times it was mentioned in the immediate aftermath of that fight. Look at the gif below, not only was it a clear eye rake it was also obviously intentional and yet no one's talking about it, not even Reyes himself, which is totally bizarre to me.

If you look at it several times and concentrate, you can see his fingers touch the cheek next to his eye. Reyes avoids his head to the side and Procházka wanted to return it.

The mods were deleting threads that brought it up the night of the fight

eyebrow poke
reyes was on the verge of death at that point
reyes died

not much to discuss

I don’t see a poke. And if Reyes didn’t say anything about it then why would anybody else?

Back