Media Geoff Neal on his loss: "I'm gonna take some time away & take care of my health for a little bit"

Always a classy guy. He should definitely take some time off and prioritize his health. He hasn't been the same since his mystery medical emergency. All the best to him.

Hope he gets healthy, that's the most important thing. I think he works at a restaurant also. At least he'll have a little money coming in.

Reactions: Gio
Boring. Looked great against anyone whose willing to trade with him. Anybody with any gameplan or elusiveness will beat him.

Didn’t this guy almost die recently from medical scare i believe him I was shocked he was fighting so soon

I think some time off will do him good. He didn't seem to have any sort of urgency last night in a fight he was losing. Hopefully he can get his health issues worked out.

I imagine it's hard to have much energy when you cut 38 pounds in a week (according to that IG post)

Magny has such a frustrating style to watch. He is basically the Jon Jones of Welterweight by size, has good conditioning, good chin, and wins in such a boring fashion

sucks because neal is very good but he also got 2 of the trickiest/most frustrating guys to fight back to back.

This dude was just waiting tables while fighting a year or so ago. He has a lot of talent and deserves a nice break. Im still on the train. He did have a serious medical scare recently too. Enjoy Hawaii bruddah

i thought he beat magny maybe i need to rewatch. thought he landed the better shots

Reactions: lsa
i thought he beat magny maybe i need to rewatch. thought he landed the better shots

I thought he looked tentative at hesitant which is a bit frustrating. Maybe it's his a physical/health issue indeed. I can see how Magny won it upon re-watch.

He definitely hurts harder than Magny but Magny was landing far more volume and controlling Neal in the clinch, making him fight his kind of fight

He looked significantly less shredded than in previous fights. It was the first thing I noticed.

It was a solid scrap.

Props ta both and speedy recovery to Neal.

Reactions: Gio
He definitely did seem kind of off, very low volume and just couldn't get out of first gear at times.

That being said for all his physical tools and talent he is a head-hunter with limited weapons - there is so much tape on Neil Magny that the blueprint is there. Kick his legs, attack his body, don't go into the clinch with him, and put volume + a pace on him.

What did Geoff do? Mostly follow instead of cut off the cage, throw nothing but 1-2's with power to the head (no kicks or body work), and repeatedly clinch against the cage.

Hopefully he can get his body right because he's a fun action fighter but if you don't give him guys that will exchange power strikes or come at him with heat he ends up chasing and becoming predictable. Lucky for him WW doesn't have too many technical out-fighters, but he's 0-2 against that style so it's clearly a big problem for his style.

I like Neal but to be honest, I've never seen this potential contender in him that some posters seem to see. I didn't think he'd ever be the type of guy to beat top 10 opponents.

I like Neal but to be honest, I've never seen this potential contender in him that some posters seem to see. I didn't think he'd ever be the type of guy to beat top 10 opponents.

He can still work on it and improve. He have the skills and had moments in the Magny fight, which I thought he could've won. But his health issue seems to be bothering him to perform at his highest level. WB is also a tough task to figure out when it comes to styles. I hope he come back strong after his time off and get his health back up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back