Fact: Ferreira's Corner Caused Him to Lose the Fight

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
2nd round Gillespie was on top of Ferreira. Ferreira was content to play guard and conserve his energy.

Despite not needing to win the round, Ferreira's corner demanded that he stop playing guard, and stand up. Ferreira obligated, and gassed himself out trying to wrestle to his feet -- losing every wrestling exchange.

Ferreira should fire his corner.

Naw...u dont want to be under a wrestler who can ground and pound like gregor..

Ferreria lost the fight when he didnt make weight..classic sign of not being in shape and have a weaker mental complex going into the fight ..

That fight was over way before it began... like a week or so ago

Fortis is the most overrated camp in MMA by far now that no one pretends Tristar or JacksonWink is great

Naw...u dont want to be under a wrestler who can ground and pound like gregor..

Ferreria lost the fight when he didnt make weight..classic sign of not being in shape and have a weaker mental complex going into the fight ..

That fight was over way before it began... like a week or so ago

Too much time eating in the car during that 9 hour commute to train

Ferreira would've Kimura'd Gregor eventually had his corner not told him to abandon everything to stand up

No excuse for a pro without a fight stopping injury to miss by 4 pounds ...

Even if he made it out of the second he was empty...

You are what you eat

I was joking. I have no idea how much he eats and/or how many dumps he takes in a day

Eh, he's a professional. He should have the stamina to get up in two separate rounds.

The fuck is he going to do in a main event if he ever gets there? Give up before the championship rounds start?

missing that amount of.lbs....not a good fighter mentality...and coming in i thought Gregor was small for lw...

Might just be a coincidence...but he was looking like shit at the weigh-ins, guys like that dont perform that well.

He was better on the ground on the first round. I dont know y his corner told him to get up. They did it also vs dariush

Nah, he couldn't keep scrambling while submission hunting and then ending up on bottom. That's much more exhausting than trying to stand back up. It's basically the single most physically taxing thing for a Jiu-Jitsu player.

It's not like he was going to be able to just lock up closed guard so he could hang out and recover during the 2nd round either. He doesn't have that type of guard game. He's a dynamic and offensive grappling. It was either attack as he had been or get back to his feet.

Eh, he's a professional. He should have the stamina to get up in two separate rounds.

The fuck is he going to do in a main event if he ever gets there? Give up before the championship rounds start?
I agree. He's a promising guy, but at a stacked division like LW, he might not ever even get the chance to fight for the belt.

Back