News UFC's recent roster cuts: including Maurice Greene, Christian Aguilera, and 6 others

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
"According to a report by TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter, UFC has decided to part ways with Luke Sanders, Anthony Birchak, Aalon Cruz, Jordan Griffin, Bartosz Fabinski, and KB Bhullar. This is part of UFC’s ongoing roster cuts as they get rid of talent no longer useful to the promotion."

Full story here: https://www.mmamania.com/2021/5/8/2...-griffin-among-six-fighters-released-mma-espn

EDIT: Maurice Greene also has been released by the UFC as of today.

Update: Christian Aguilera has been released after just 3 fights (and 2 back to back losses)

Last edited:
Good cuts to be honest. I think Luke was 3-5. They continue to fight and win on the regional circuit they'll be brought back.

All good cuts imo, the only one that I think is slightly questionable is Fabinski on ability, but he's kinda boring.

The rest of these dudes have been getting destroyed lately. Apart from Luke Sanders who always wins the first round then loses a decision.

Aside from Luke not a clue who the others are

Have they gotten medical attention for the cuts?

If they were letting them go that's fine, but there's no need to cut them first ffs o_O.

Can't complain about any of them, but I do feel bad for Jordan Griffin getting cut off of a very questionable decision loss. I felt so bad for him for some reason, I thought it was a pretty clear win for him and he just looked so defeated when the judges stole it from him... it was a must-win for him too (clearly)... shame.

EDIT: Greene I get, especially after his last performance, but Aguilera seems a bit harsh, no? Seems like the type of guy the UFC would like, even though he hasn't done too well.

Last edited:
Can't complain about any of them, but I do feel bad for Jordan Griffin getting cut off of a very questionable decision loss. I felt so bad for him for some reason, I thought it was a pretty clear win for him and he just looked so defeated when the judges stole it from him... it was a must-win for him too (clearly)... shame.

He shouldn't burn no bridges though and just stay ready.. I swear we've had a few fighters who get *cut*, but are called up for replacement fights.

Personally I would have preferred to have seen Griffin and Fabinski kept on, I feel they do belong in the ufc and could potentially return.

Birchak has always struck me as one of the worst fighters in the roster, and KB Bullar is a gym fighter he has no business under the bright lights whatsoever.

I’ve never even heard of Aalon Cruz until now.

KB Bhullar has elite build for his division.. 6'4.. long reach.... yet just doesn't have the confidence when he's in there. Dude fights scared unfortunately.

I think it's because he has a questionable chin, Breese knocked him out with a jab.

He shouldn't burn no bridges though and just stay ready.. I swear we've had a few fighters who get *cut*, but are called up for replacement fights.

Yeah it definitely happens, but usually not right away, and for most guys, not at all. It typically happens after they get some wins in other promotions first. For example, it happened with one of the names on this list of fighters that got cut, Anthony Birchak. This was his second stint in the UFC, he was in the UFC from 2014-2017 (last fight was in 2016, but got cut in 2017)... he lost some fights in RIZIN post UFC but went on a small win streak, and 4 years later, got brought back on short notice. 4 years later though lol.

No big losses.

Luke Sanders seems to have talent but the guy always finds a way to lose. I think Griffin will be back. Bhullar had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen last outing.

Reactions: MMA
No big losses.

Luke Sanders seems to have talent but the guy always finds a way to lose. I think Griffin will be back. Bhullar had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen last outing.

There were some people adamant that Sanders' last fight should have been a draw because they scored round 1 a 10-8. I'm not sure about that personally, but I'm just saying. And I'm not with the majority on this, but I thought it was a lot closer than what people seem to think. Seems to be a clear edge to Corales when you look at MMAdecisions, but there were def a lot of people that thought Sanders won too.

Back