Are either Chandler or Oliviera one of the best two fighters in the division?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I know it’s for the vacant title but still seems underwhelming. The only worse one that comes to mine is Bisping vs Henderson where either guy at the time of the fight would be lucky to be top 5 in the division.

I’d take Dustin, Gaethje and Conor to beat Aloe Vera or Chandler.

Poirier and Mcgregor are fighting for the money trilogy and Gaethje doesn't deserve it at the moment... So Yes, both are no doubt top contenders to fight for the interim belt.... And by the way- Bisping beat the actual champ Rockhold and almost finished cherry picking Silva...

Chandler is by far the best.

he is basically the prime Anderson silva of LW.
He will reign indefinitely

Remember how Khabib won the vacant LW belt by beating a short-notice opponent ranked like 10 or 11 who wasn't even eligible to win the belt himself? It wasn't great but at least we already knew Khabib was legit.

Chandler and Oliveira are both legit. Poirier is arguably the top LW, but we all know he didn't want the TS. This is like 2 vs 3.

The UFC made this fight the title fight because neither guy has been tainted by losing to Khabib. Now, the winner can be billed as the GOAT LW and sheeple will buy it all up.

I know it’s for the vacant title but still seems underwhelming. The only worse one that comes to mine is Bisping vs Henderson where either guy at the time of the fight would be lucky to be top 5 in the division.

I guess they are, but doesn't feel like it. I'm used to seeing Charles lose and haven't watched a lot of Chandler fights, always seemed like he'd be a middle of the pack kind of guy in UFC and is kind of old now for LW. So, could be the two best, but I'm with you on not feeling the hype.

Same time I disagree about Hendo/Bisping. Illogical from a rankings stand point, but it was a fun story, something to look forward to.

Go f@#k yourself TS. It's a great fight. Very intriguing.

Poirier and Mcgregor are fighting for the money trilogy and Gaethje doesn't deserve it at the moment... So Yes, both are no doubt top contenders to fight for the interim belt.... And by the way- Bisping beat the actual champ Rockhold and almost finished cherry picking Silva...
Really? This is just for the interim belt??

Number 1 bullshit.

Oliviera just may be along with Poirier or Gaethje.

charlie olives surely yeah deserves that title shot
dont know about chandler though

why would you think gaethje deserves it more? the guy is 5-3 in the ufc with tony being his most impressive win.
meanwhile oliveira was much more dominant against tony in 3 rounds

It's entirely possible that both could beat Khabib if he didn't retire. He didn't really face anyone like either of them in his career.

Nate Diaz would beat them

Back