Will Conor ever win the belt back?

Doubt it, unless Chandler wins. He might get past Dustin and could probably beat Chandler but he would stand zero chance against Charles.

He’s a prize fighter now along with Nate and Masvidal, those three really should be focused on the most intriguing match ups that make the most money otherwise take a play out of Nate’s book and prove your worthy of a title by actually facing a contender. For al the shit Nate gets at least he is trying to earn a title shot instead of demanding one.

He's too rich and pampered to want to work hard. Plus the wear-and-tear from training for every fight and the KO loss to Dustin don't help.

If Charles gets the belt. Fuck no, that's a horrible matchup.
Chandler, maybe but we'll have to see Conor get through Dustin.

The thing is they gave Conor a tune up with Cowboy. The easiest stylistic matchup for him in the highest ranked position at LW and fights him at WW.
Great performance, it didn't tell us much on how much he's improved.

I know I'll get shit for this, but Dustin was the next easiest matchup for Conor in the top 5 and still is. Sometimes chinny, already beat him once, struggles with southpaw, struggles with counterpunchers, likes to brawl, etc.
This is why Conor and the UFC wanted that fight at UFC 257, it's the easiest fight for him in the top 5 to get him into title contention.
Dustin fucked their plans badly and showed that he's been a different fighter after the Conor Mcgregor and Micheal Johnson losses. He doesn't brawl as much, he gameplans for specific opponents and exploits their weaknesses.

Why does he deserve a title shot when he never defended the previous two belts he held?

Reactions: lsa
no. just like chuck never won it back, anderson never won it back and so on.

No way. He is done as champ material. Mostlikely done as an elite fighter too.

Reactions: lsa
Power is the last thing to go, his speed and counters are slowing down, he just seem a little less durable... I only say that because his losses were never concussive.(until Dustin) He's been overwhelmed and giving up his neck many times.. He's been selling the idea of high amount of evolution, but I haven't seen it. I see a fighter that may need to refocus if he want one more serious run at it.

I do think that IF he gets a title shot, he has a chance to get a belt.

He is simply too good a striker to count him out.

But alas, it is a huge "if", since he lost, and I don't know if a win over DP would set him up for a title shot. Knowing the UFC, he might.

But he has to win against DP...

He needs to beat Dustin, then either Charles or Chandler. It doesn’t seem impossible given him and Dustin are 1-1. If there were odds for it though, maybe like 4:1 against?

Back