Just how good is Tyron Woodley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Went the distance with Kamaru whereas Colby, Masvidal, and Burns all got finished. Didn't realize he was better than all three of those guys.

Rap must have some sort of synergistic effect on his mma fighting.

Street poetry bless.

Last edited:
A level power and explosives
KeenSimplisticGreendarnerdragonfly-max-1mb.gif

D level cardio

F level rapping skills

Daniel Day Lewis level dedication to acting

Last edited:
Top 5 WW all time, but well below top 3.

Atrocious rapper, but that hasn’t held many rap careers back.

It depends on whether he is in or out of love with MMA, at that moment, how good he is.

Last edited:
Went the distance with Kamaru whereas Colby, Masvidal, and Burns all got finished.

Rap must have some sort of synergistic effect on his mma fighting.

Street poetry bless.

Funny, because woodley went the distance with usman, and burns but got finished by colby. sorta weird if you think about it. You'd think colby would be the least likely of the 3 to catch a stoppage.

Funny, because woodley went the distance with usman, and burns but got finished by colby. sorta weird if you think about it. You'd think colby would be the least likely of the 3 to catch a stoppage.

It's because Usman isn't the only one improving. Colby is getting better too. We just see less of it, because he has fought less often in recent times.

Reactions: mkt
I think he could have done better, but was still good for what he accomplished.

Had amazing physical tools but one of the most mentally weak fighters to ever win a title IMO. Has flashes of looking like an absolute killer but has many of the worst performances in mma title fight history as well. All in all, his reign felt more like "current fighter is the best ever" hype than actual substance IMHO because he had more poor performances than good ones even as the champ.

He's easily a top 10 WW of all time but his placement in the top 5 is at least somewhat controversial because the division has always been stacked and there are at least 3 fighters indisputably ahead of him in the all time rankings... after that, it becomes subjective. Solid but frustratingly inconsistent fighter who should retire IMO

Great at his peak. Annoying to watch at times though. He really had moments of brilliance and other times he was docile at best. Overall I believe time has caught up to him. His chin isn’t as good, his already poor gas tank is depleted and his explosiveness isn’t what it once was.

His performance against Darren Till was unreal.

Prior to forcing Till to tap to a D'Arce choke with 51 seconds remaining in Round 2, Woodley had landed 57 significant strikes. Till landed 0.

Is 57 the most strikes landed in a fight against an opponent that fails to land any strikes?

Stand and bang as always.
Didn't even do that. Just circling around Woodley for 2-3 minutes, throwing nothing, no pressure, no feints, giving Woodley all the time and space he needed.

I know I’m being a couch fighter here but circling into woodleys power right hand in the early moments of the fight is a really stupid thing to do.
I was puzzled by that. Woodley was setting that thing up the whole time. The actual punch was fast as fuck but i saw that sequence coming a minute before if Lawler wasn't changing anything.

LMAO at Woodley’s agent calling and telling him that’s the role he got him.

Thing is, he probably thinks the reason he got “raccoon dick bit off thug” and GSP was in the Avengers is because of racism.

A level power and explosives

D level cardio

F level rapping skills

Daniel Day Lewis level dedication to acting

I know I’m being a couch fighter here but circling into woodleys power right hand in the early moments of the fight is a really stupid thing to do.

You and i should fight for the Couch Title

Maybe thriller would book it ?

I know some of you are joking but he almost subbed Colby at the start of the 5th round. You can tell from the zoom-in that Colby's fingers were on standby about to tap.

They should run it back I'd watch

20200920_203237.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-201402_Gallery.jpg
20200920_201903.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP