UFC 112 happened on fight island

Yeah, I remember when the mystery was finally revealed as the the location of "fight island" it was a huge letdown because it was the same place as UFC 112. Nogueira vs Nelson too, I believe. Dana sold those wolf tickets hard and the media machine that is the UFC hyped it up to the point where it seemed like something novel and new to the vast majority who didn't watch back then.

Aside from the main event that Silva ruined cause he has some entitlement where he thinks Brazilians shouldn't have challenged him during his tenure as champion, it was a good card. Frankie's title reign began here, Munoz and Grove had a war and the birth of K-1 Hughes.

Yeah the UFC really oversold the fight island thing.

khabib dustin was yas island.

those are the only 2 pre-covid.

Maia vs Silva was held on Yas island. Did anybody else realize this?
Kinda pointless thread just didn't realize cards were being held there that long ago. How many other cards were there?
so was roy nelson vs nog

Not something I usually pay attention to , to be honest unless they’re throwing an event in my city

Bigfoot Silva vs Mark Hunt should have happened on Fight Island.

I know Penn/Edgar 1 was in Abu Dhabi at Ferrari stadium. Don't think it was Yas Island though. I only remember that because they showed it on the east coast at like 10am. That was in 2009 if I remember correctly.

Back