Is this the end of the big fight camps?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've just realized there are no current ufc champions coming from those gigantic camps outside of Amanda nunes, most champs today are from small or medium size gyms, elevation fight team might be the biggest of them but im not sure. Is this the end of massive camps or just a new trend?

I didnt like the huge Camps back then like Jacksons...where everybody was it seemed.

Having more smaller Camps coming up is always welcome...
But there are also some Camps out there who are gone after their most succesfull guy was done or left...
So how good are the smaller Camps really are?

Just many more fighters these days so there are great fighters everywhere and people don't need to all flock to the few big camps. Doesn't mean the camps are any smaller, they are all bigger, just generally hold a lower % of say.. top tens or champs even. Main camps are all bigger than before. I get your point, it's just...camps like Tristar for example aren't just going away, there are just less stars atm. ATT has like a billion awesome fighters lol, it's absolutely giant. There's still gyms with multiple UFC champs.

Big fight camps are aim towards mass fighter production, they're good entry for up and comers...once you reach elite level, it's better to have a much individual approach and fighters get more focused on strengths and weaknesses...big camps are not done, they still get bigger piece of the pie when it comes to clientelle...they don't just cater to fighters anymore, they also cater to civilians and celebrities...

I thought this was going to be about the length of training camps fighters will be having.

lol honestly same here, i thought this would be regarding big fighters such as conor not having long training camps allegedly.

The downfall of these big teams started with the Blackzillians

11752556_941037872605241_3356894889126966782_n.jpg

Big fight camps are aim towards mass fighter production, they're good entry for up and comers...once you reach elite level, it's better to have a much individual approach and fighters get more focused on strengths and weaknesses...big camps are not done, they still get bigger piece of the pie when it comes to clientelle...they don't just cater to fighters anymore, they also cater to civilians and celebrities...
Who is the new av? Almost as hot as mine.

lol honestly same here, i thought this would be regarding big fighters such as conor not having long training camps allegedly.
Yeah! Hah, good bamboozle was had.

but in general it does seem to be that ufc is shortening the time between fight announcement and said fight so they are actually shortening the fighter training camps themselves. Which is great for the fans and fighters too because there is less chance for them to get injured and pull out with shorter camps.

I think people have realized having your gym being the equivalent of McDonald’s in the MMA world isn’t good, all the best champions had specialized teams around them of close confidants.

Back