Almost 8 weeks away from his trilogy with Poirier, McGregor is still training alone in Dubai.

DatSamboKid

Muay Khao
@red
Reaction score
I’d really like to know what’s the status with his former team in Dublin. I think something definitely happened behind the scenes that we’re not aware of. McGregor was very vocal about his loyalty towards his coaches and teammates. Doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I think his post-Mayweather meltdown burned a couple bridges between him and his former friends/training partners.

Dustin Poirier is the last guy you want to fight on a half-ass training camp.

McGregor gets finished again and officially retires from the sport.

58ic4b.jpg

Probably lots of hookers and blow. I guess that counts as stamina training

He had 6 weeks to train for the Alvarez fight and it was his best performance.

Also, 90% of the time sherdog trashes Conor's team lol. So according to them I don't think this is even a negative for Conor.

He had 6 weeks to train for the Alvarez fight and it was his best performance.

Also, 90% of the time sherdog trashes Conor's team lol. So according to them I don't think this is even a negative for Conor.
That was also when he was hungry to be double champ and pre-Floyd payday.

That was also when he was hungry to be double champ and pre-Floyd payday.

I know, I'm just pointing out that he could still be in pre-camp mode where he's just getting his cardio and timing intact.

Poirier does the same thing. He said in the Ariel interview that he spends the first 4 weeks of camp getting his conditioning & timing ready, then he spars the next 5 weeks.

Realistically what about the fight did he have to modify other then adapting to a different style of lower extremity calf kick. This repetitive checking or moving drilling can be trained with a coach and reactive drills. Im sure he has a couple key guys in his camp that can throw proper kicks.

im sure his training camp will start soon. Hes keeping himself in shape so 1st half of camp doesnt have to be conditioning. 5-6 week camp is perfect. weather it will be a good quality camp is a different story o_O

I don't know if it's a strategy where he is keeping his training camp secret, but dude does not seem serious.
Unless I see something different leading to the fight, he is getting slept and pretty badly.

I damn hope one round Conor doesn't show up, but sadly it looks like it.

If Conor wins, obviously he'll be fighting for the UFC LW title next.

If Conor loses his next fight, he'll be fighting Masvidal at WW for the BMF belt next. With a win, he'll fight Usman. With a loss, he'll do a trilogy with Nate as a retirement fight (and eventually come back to box Jake Paul once his UFC contract runs out).

Posted years back,
Conor was boxing up kids in the gym.
His behavior with the dolly, religious comments, Mayweather, and the whole "video" with Paulie.

He also punched an old man over a drink.

He was asked three times to rope it in, and figure out what it is he wants.

Apparently, his own coaches started avoiding his calls.
Not completely, but slow to respond.

Source - Family in ireland inside gyms.

What's it like in Ireland? Are they allowed to train again over there or are things closed due to protocols?

It is weird he hasn't left Abu Dhabi pretty much since the fight. He does know the trilogy takes place in Vegas, right?

Back