Weidman in the commentary booth?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
With him being out so long Im sure he will want/need something to keep him and his mind busy, so got to thinking maybe UFC gives him some commentary gigs?

I know theres a lotta Weidman haters on here but he is a smart dude and knowledgeable about a ton of the detailed aspects of grappling/BJJ and guy’s a pretty damn good striker too. Idk id take Weidman over Rogan or Cruz any day

Hes a good interview but i dunno how that would translate to fight commentary. Just a thought, feel really bad for the dude after his latest interview with Ariel

Thoughts?
(From anyone without weird, long term bitterness about Anderson and how overly attached they were to him preferably...?)

Decent shout.

I would be very interested to hear Chris’ thoughts and hearing his commentary during fights. Would potentially make an excellent addition.

i would actually pay full price for a ppvif it came with the option of having an alternate commentary featuring any combo of Ray Longo, Matt Serra, Al, Weidman, Aljo, and maybe Wonderboy since he and Chris are always hilarious together

i would actually pay full price for a ppvif it came with the option of having an alternate commentary featuring any combo of Ray Longo, Matt Serra, Al, Weidman, Aljo, and maybe Wonderboy since he and Chris are always hilarious together
The headphone port to my screen is faulty, so I have no idea if I am risking electrocuting my shit by doing this, but if I turn the line in slowly it cuts the top layer of the audio off, which is the voices.
Everything else is full ball, crowd, fighters, etc etc but the commentary is muted. I really prefer it this way when Rogan is commentating.
Sometimes when there’s a finish you can hear Rogan going crazy in the background amongst the crowd, kinda makes it seem like you’re there. Well worth the possibility of death by electrical firestorm imo

The headphone port to my screen is faulty, so I have no idea if I am risking electrocuting my shit by doing this, but if I turn the line in slowly it cuts the top layer of the audio off, which is the voices.
Everything else is full ball, crowd, fighters, etc etc but the commentary is muted. I really prefer it this way when Rogan is commentating.
Sometimes when there’s a finish you can hear Rogan going crazy in the background amongst the crowd, kinda makes it seem like you’re there. Well worth the possibility of death by electrical firestorm imo

....where do you live bro

.....you got a spare room next saturday by chance

ill bring beer and pizza

....where do you live bro

.....you got a spare room next saturday by chance

ill bring beer and pizza
Europe, but don’t book the flights yet as I am unsure a double headphone jack port would produce the same outcome.

Maybe we could remove the headband off the headphones and just tape the ear piece onto our heads, do you want L or R?
Weidman and Wonderboy would defo approve..

Yeah he's a good candidate to be a broadcaster. Intelligent, well spoken, technical and well rounded fighter, good looking, company man. On the east coast though; dunno if that'd be a hold up.

I would be completely down for this. Smart guy, hope he recovers quickly.

I think he will have a leg up in experience vs some of the commentary team. Give the guy a break, Dana.

Only if his dad can join him in the commentary booth

Reactions: HHJ
#stillmyboyinthecommentarybooth

Nope, something about him rubs me the wrong way, I think it’s his lack of humility..
Lololol

this is the fight game bud.

Lack of humility is like an hourly occurance.

Back