I truly believe if Jon Jones didn’t poke Glover like 5 times in the eyes, chances are Glover...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Could’ve won by sub or decision, but it’s very hard to tell after your vision is compromised and here is the fight for free to watch! Once Jon couldn’t get his way with Glover he used his best weapon his open fingers and the ref let him put his fingers open most of the fight in front of Glover’s face and eyes! WTF?

Yeah when you're looking for it, it's pretty bad

Even when he isn't actively poking him, Glover knows if he comes in he'll get poked

It's a fight brotha

Yes i understand but armlocks, leglocks, chokes etc. should be applied with a chance to tap. Popping the shoulder is the same as fingers manipulation to me, it won't stop a fighter from fighting but it will greatly impair him, and finger/wrist locks aren't legal, probably for that reason.

It's allowed anyway so jones can do it of course, i just find it a bit dirty that's all. just my opinion anyway

he should have done it more often tougth would have won against reyes easily
Yes i understand but armlocks, leglocks, chokes etc. should be applied with a chance to tap. Popping the shoulder is the same as fingers manipulation to me, it won't stop a fighter from fighting but it will greatly impair him, and fing beer/wrist locks aren't legal, probably for that reason.

It's allowed anyway so jones can do it of course, i just find it a bit dirty that's all. just my opinion anyway

Yes i understand but armlocks, leglocks, chokes etc. should be applied with a chance to tap. Popping the shoulder is the same as finger manipulation to me, it won't stop a fighter from fighting but it will greatly impair him, and finger/wrist locks aren't legal.

If you apply things like this, you'll never submit anyone

Guys in BJJ matches let their arms break, in UFC title fights people won't tap

he doesn’t realise if possible all submissions are applied like this

lol at chance to tap
Nicolini-Musumeci-Arm-Break.gif

What i disliked also in that fight was the shoulder lock. Jones literally popped glover shoulder with no chance for him to tap. That's really flirting with the limits of what's legal in a mma fight

Actually, whenever I think about this fight, I remember this and think that it's one of the best move I've seen in MMA. Watching this I was like "man, Jones is really a genius".

Could’ve won by sub or decision, but it’s very hard to tell after your vision is compromised and here is the fight for free to watch! Once Jon couldn’t get his way with Glover he used his best weapon his open fingers and the ref let him put his fingers open most of the fight in front of Glover’s face and eyes! WTF?

9dddcdd24462bf5d4173f1f36e47ba5d--picture-comments-meme.jpg

Glover was more of a stand up fighter back then. It's strange to say but the older Glover would have a better chance. His new style of just getting it to the ground and looking for a sub is super effective. He has heavy ground and pound, top game and numerous subs. He's just too slow on the feet at this stage and seems to know that.

Back