Is GSP vs Khabib the greatest fight the UFC could have ever made?

FastSmith7

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I mean think about it, two men who both beat everyone they faced in the Octagon, Khabib who almost never lost a round and GSP who almost never lost a round. Khabib who is the best fence wrestler the UFC has ever seen and GSP who is the best center of the Octagon wrestler the UFC has ever seen, there are so many variables that would be at play...

Could GSP take Khabib down? We know Khabib loves to chase people around the Octagon, applying relentless pressure, this would offer plenty of opportunities for reactive takedowns that GSP could land on Khabib. On the other hand, if the fight was against the fence, would GSP be able to resist Khabib?

This is such an incredible matchup and it makes me so sad that we will never see it, it just dawned on me that it could have been the biggest fight in MMA history and the most intriguing one. It really is sad that it didn't happen just because UFC had different plans for Khabib...

Anyway I think GSP would have won the fight 49-46, giving up one round where Khabib manages to take him down next to the fence.

Lol wut?

No one gives a shit about this fight. Although im certain geroges would have ducked this one too.bThe fight that the world wanted to see and had the potential for being the biggest fight of all time was Anderson vs Georges and we all know how Georges ducked that fight for a decade. The same people who praise Georges for not taking a mw fight in 2009 are the same ones that shit on Anderson for losing to cormier on a days notice at lhw. You gsp fans are truly the worst.

Not even close because it's a WW (past his prime at that) vs LW therefore a freakshow mismatch. Khabib was far from the biggest LW.

Khabib can't weight bully GSP and his striking is so sloppy. I don't see any path to victory for Khabib

Silva vs GSP. Both guys were in their prime and champions.

Liddell vs wandy

GSP was already out the door when he wanted to fight khabib. It's a good thing it was never made

Back