Media "Any time Aljo posts, I get spammed with tags because people are roasting him."

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same people who mocked me back then for not taking the title are praising me right now for not doing it then - Anthony Smith.

To be fair the UFC hooked Smith up with a lucrative steady booth job for him not milking the Jones knee.

On the other hand:

The UFC will probably just give Sterling his walking papers when Yan thrashes him.

Keep your head up Lionheart

<5>

Smith is a likable guy imo. He comes off as fairly thoughtful.

I think he is likely wrong about it being the same people who criticized him for not taking the DQ win over Jones who are criticizing Aljo now. I think it is a common and easy mistake to make to treat MMA fans as monolithic. One can see it on Sherdog often.

I get mockery of Sterling for the acting or the general attitude/trolling post-victory, but it was a victory. Stop treating a DQ like it's just another no-contest just cuz you don't like him or he was losing.

We talk constantly after every major foul about how things can be changed to be punished more severely to hold fighters accountable for the fouls they should be aware of. Both Yan and Jones threw blatant fouls with full knowledge of the guys position. A DQ IS a loss. Sterling is the champion, legitimately. Smith could have been and even he's not judging Aljo, other than commenting on Aljo's current heel-attitude.

Respect to Smith for the way he carries himself, btw

The thing is with Aljo, if he had of continued he was compromised enough that he was gonna get brutally knocked out by Yan. The drama is he overplayed the whole scenario which is almost equally as bad... was a lose lose situation.

To be fair the UFC hooked Smith up with a lucrative steady booth job for him not milking the Jones knee.

On the other hand:

The UFC will probably just give Sterling his walking papers when Yan thrashes him.

Keep your head up Lionheart

<5>

Smith is alright man. Definitely think he’s in that job by merit.

The thing is with Aljo, if he had of continued he was compromised enough that he was gonna get brutally knocked out by Yan. The drama is he overplayed the whole scenario which is almost equally as bad... was a lose lose situation.
it was indeed a lose lose situation ( mostly cause a part of the fanbase is retarded)

Smith is alright man. Definitely think he’s in that job by merit.
Lol I doubt that. He’s a honest stand up guy and at least sounds articulate when he speaks, unlike a lot of other MMA fighters.

He said he fought the hardest fight of his life against a 170lb wrestler on PCP, take that as you will

Smith is a likable guy imo. He comes off as fairly thoughtful.

I think he is likely wrong about it being the same people who criticized him for not taking the DQ win over Jones who are criticizing Aljo now. I think it is a common and easy mistake to make to treat MMA fans as monolithic. One can see it on Sherdog often.
Indeed. I fall into that category

Back