Megan Olivi 'hurt' by Stephen A. Smith only acknowledging her "male colleagues"

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Megan Olivi elaborated on why she felt hurt by Stephen A. Smith when he left her out of his praise for the UFC's broadcast team.

“That was actually tough for me,” Megan Olivi told reporters “I don’t love social media in general, but then to play such a big role in terms of pre- and post-fight interviews, like, I’m the one onsite doing them. Then to do all the hits on the broadcast and be a part of this team and literally the only woman on the pay-per-view team – there’s no other desk host, there’s no one on the pre- or post-show. It’s literally just me. And I’ve worked to be here. I wasn’t handed this. It’s been a very long journey, as people who have seen me 10 years ago I’m sure can attest to. I’ve done everything the right way to get here, and to not get the acknowledgement as my male colleagues got, I genuinely was so hurt. It was nice to see the MMA community have my back on that.

For a little background on this, this was Stephen A. Smith's tweet from March:

Source: UFC news: Megan Olivi was ‘genuinely so hurt’ by Stephen A. Smith (usatoday.com)

a7dcf71ebbd133e6478acab9751bdbcc.jpg

7b1bd00248330f8c8b8a355406356911.jpg

iPFnIcQi9o0bDJ6PWlyd-BOkiC5Wsmkz-uRevSTZtbsuByGR5b_sipfTh04KF-Ty9PnFaiExFMrVv8IxrY_Ac_OVuA-HizGXNrOgCn7g62Jio6rV1xJnayHIq9Sy1jQzVrU01FLlfdOgc6bwkVT06x0TUQ

Last edited:
"Megan Olivi was bothered by Stephen A. Smith forgetting to mention her when recently praising the talent on UFC broadcasts."

“That was actually tough for me,” Megan Olivi told reporters “I don’t love social media in general, but then to play such a big role in terms of pre- and post-fight interviews, like, I’m the one onsite doing them. Then to do all the hits on the broadcast and be a part of this team and literally the only women on the pay-per-view team – there’s no other desk host, there’s no one on the pre- or post-show. It’s literally just me. And I’ve worked to be here. I wasn’t handed this. It’s been a very long journey, as people who have seen me 10 years ago I’m sure can attest to. I’ve done everything the right way to get here, and to not get the acknowledgement as my male colleagues got, I genuinely was so hurt. It was nice to see the MMA community have my back on that.

Source: UFC news: Megan Olivi was ‘genuinely so hurt’ by Stephen A. Smith (usatoday.com)

Stephen A. Smith is a Noob Saibot
CANCELLED!!!

I love how he intentionally interviews ufc fighters now so he can try to force himself onto the sport, you can tell joe rogan really hurt his feelings.

as for Megan, I wouldn’t worry about the schmuck he’s clearly tone def anyway. Her and Laura, and all of the other women in this male dominated space do deserve a tremendous amount of respect though!

In all fairness, Steven A Smith is on a different tier when it comes to broadcast journalist.

People all over the world and in multiple sports know who he is and his accomplishments.

On the flip side, no one outside of MMA diehards knows or cares who Megan Olivi is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get your stats up young lady, then the world will recognize you.

Back